Buying A Travel Trailer?

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So we're looking into buying a camper trailer and I viewed a previous thread on a site called crankyape through the states and was just curious if anyone knew of any other sites that have cheap RVs, trailers, etc.. ? Any help is much appreciated!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I use kijiji.ca for all that stuff.... well most things really...

keep checking regularly, be patient and be ready to slap down a deposit....

if you watch the site you will notice over a few days to a week the same units keep popping up... the best deals advertise once and usually sell that day... so if you check the new ad's every couple hours eventually something will come up....

Lots of peeps trying to flip stuff, think their crap is worth more than it is ect.... those are the ones that keep re-occouring...
Then there are the peeps that don't wanna fugg around with tire kickers...they price it to sell...and if your quick to get hold of them you can score a really good deal...

Just my 2 cents....

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have been looking on kijiji a lot actually, just seems everything is priced pretty high for what it is. We are just looking for like a 16-22 ft bumper pull that the Tacoma can pull easily, and we're trying to stay under the 10g range but we want something decent obviously that has all the immenities.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you’re looking for new, or even if you’re not, take a look at RV Wholesalers.

The Original RV Wholesalers - RV Sales, RV Parts, RV Dealer, Camper Sales, Rockwood Camper, Travel Trailer, Fifth Wheel, Forest River

Just for kicks I asked them for a quote on a trailer I was looking at. I was floored by the price. Last year they sent over 400 trailers to Canada and will provide you with everything you need to get a trailer up here. They also have a service network set up in Canada.

I ordered a North Trail 29RE fifth wheel. Up here it would be $37,990 + tax. My total cost after shipping to the boarder, tax, and exchange is $31764CA all in. And that’s with about $1500 in extras and a not so great exchange rate (thank you Greece). In a bit over a week I’m driving down to the border to pick up my new trailer. Can’t wait.:)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah i have been looking on kijiji a lot actually, just seems everything is priced pretty high for what it is. We are just looking for like a 16-22 ft bumper pull that the Tacoma can pull easily, and we're trying to stay under the 10g range but we want something decent obviously that has all the immenities.

You should be able to find a good unit that size for under 10g. We went private and drove to Edmonton. 2007 Coachmen 23' with big slide, dude was asking 18,500 with EVERYTHING included...they tried rving and didn't like it, we have the invoice-they lost $$. We paid 16,700 for it, it was a year old when we got it. So don't always go by what peeps are asking!

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should be able to find a good unit that size for under 10g. We went private and drove to Edmonton. 2007 Coachmen 23' with big slide, dude was asking 18,500 with EVERYTHING included...they tried rving and didn't like it, we have the invoice-they lost $$. We paid 16,700 for it, it was a year old when we got it. So don't always go by what peeps are asking!

Oh I know, you can always jew em down a little. My dad has a 2008 Pioneer Spirit, 22ft listed for 14g on Kijiji right now, he only used it for one summer to sleep in while he built his new barn at the new acreage but now he doesn't need it and said he'd sell it to us for 10g. I think it might be a bit too big for us, and we just dont have 10g cash, but I am hoping to work out a "payment" plan or "early wedding" gift deal on it.. we'll see but in the meantime we're still shopping for good deals!

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I know, you can always jew em down a little. My dad has a 2008 Pioneer Spirit, 22ft listed for 14g on Kijiji right now, he only used it for one summer to sleep in while he built his new barn at the new acreage but now he doesn't need it and said he'd sell it to us for 10g. I think it might be a bit too big for us, and we just dont have 10g cash, but I am hoping to work out a "payment" plan or "early wedding" gift deal on it.. we'll see but in the meantime we're still shopping for good deals!

An 18' would probably be perfect! If it doesn't have a slide your dad's might not be too heavy for the Tacoma? 22' is a good size. Ours is perfect for two of us. Easy to get around in real tight spaces in the bush too! Any longer...not so much LOL Good luck!

Top Bottom