Busted Axle Makes for a Great day!

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Truthyfully, I only lost a bolt and the goodies that it held in place , it looked like the end of our clinic. I ran to Ghostriders, our local dealer, and they had to rob parts from a sled in the back. Meanwhile, Shantelle took the group in to have a quick play and start covering some of the basics. I caught up 45 minutes later, thanks to the service at Ghostriders. After that we played in 60cms of fresh powder and watched all of our riders make huge advancements in their skill set. so ultimately what should have been a disaster turned into one of those days you know you will remember.

Anybody have any good days, that came out of what looked to be a sure fire bad day?

also I would like to thank a few of our club members for the help getting the sled together as well as keeping a eye on it as I went to get parts.

Come ride Fernie

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mark don't even talk about my DD drive blowing up a few years back that was not a good day ....

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I'm glad it turned out great Andy. The 60 cms were awesome, lots of peeps were out, and the Fernie Snowmobile Association will turn over about $2800 to the BC Children's Hospital. Thanks to everyone who turned out and donated.

PS not to hijack the thread but rather to add some more information to how great Fernie is! And with this nice big Newfoundland protector, nobody was going to mess with Andy's sled!

IMG_2069.jpg

Last edited:

giddyup

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what you talking about, wish i was there glad to hear the ride turned out great, was nice of ghostriders it could have gone the other way talk to you later

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doo dealer in Golden saved my mountain trip by having rear axle parts for my XM on 1 business day notice. Axle fell apart with loss of the outer bolt and customer washer assembly on the long weekend before a mountain trip.

Top Bottom