Bruderhiem Warning: Almost cost me $172....

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Over the past little while there have been a lot of people asking about Bruderhiem and whether it's open for use....

IT'S CLOSED.....

Was out at the inlaws yesterday for a BBQ and as per usual quads and dirtbikes ripping up the road @ 100km/hr+...over and over... I totally understand why the locals don't like us.... If the speed limit for a truck is 50km/hr what makes you think 100km/hr + on your bike/quad is alright....people do live there.

Anyway, saw the RCMP head into the area and I hadn't been down since the fire so I decided to go take a look. The road is well signed that the area is closed to all unauthorized vehicles so when I pulled up to the RCMP cruiser and said "hey hows business" he said "great just got another customer, licence and registration please":eek:... he grilled me on why I was there and what made me think the signs didn't apply to me ect..ect.. we had a good chat, he is understandably frustrated that people including me ignore the signage... Since I was not riding, have family in the area, and told him I would help to get the word out he told me to turn around and GET OUT....

There were people camped down there that were being evicted @ 9:30pm because they ignored the signs.

Just a warning....

bruderhiem1.jpg

Bruderhiem2.jpg

bruderhiem 3.jpg

Last edited:

Byron

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Almost cost me $172.... Bruderhiem Warning

well this sucks

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but i didn't see the signs i came in from another way. lol. same old story probably though a few azzhats make us all look bad.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I heard the fines aren't cheap either .............

$172 PER UNIT. that includes truck & Quads/bikes.....

So a truck with 2 bikes in the back and 2 quads on trailers is $860...:eek:

Magnet, they were trying to use that excuse but #1 most trucks were staged beyond the signage and #2 it is signed on both ends of the road, so unless someone came in thru the trails (in which case they would just take off anyhow) they are busted...

Apparently a guy on a bike was backed into by a grader/dozer clearing fire debris and seriously injured... I am unable to find anything about this incident in the news so I don't know if it was unreported (unlikely) or if the residents are exagerating the extent of injuries and seriousness of the incident (likely)

HOWEVER... that said the officer was there due to public pressure from area residents and it will remain a top priority... there are still underground hotspots and ongoing cleanup. the future of ATV's in the area is still up in the air, if the locals (who are very vocal) have thier way it will be perminently closed to OHV's.

I'm sure not all, but some of the 60+ atv's/bikes I personally saw on saturday are members on here.... if the area gets shut down it might just be because of you.... brap,brap, brap as you fishtail down the centre of the road @ 70, 80, 90, 100+ km/hr.... hell I ride and even I find it hard to take after about an hour...:rant::rant:

Just sayin

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So let's see, Bruderhiem is closed, Hell's Half Acres is closed.

Seems the summer activities are taking a chit kicking aren't they, I would say the majority of this is due to the Irresponsible recreational user......

I am afraid we will see more closures from what I am hearing and seeing, look not all users are Irresponsible but lets admit it there are a lot of people that just don't care and unfortunately that's whats getting noticed and is going to affect all of us.

So, if we or someone doesn't step up to the plate soon you're going to have to buy 70 acres of land just so you can sled and quad in the near future.......

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score

Seems the summer activities are taking a chit kicking aren't they, I would say the majority of this is due to the Irresponsible recreational user......

I am afraid we will see more closures from what I am hearing and seeing, look not all users are Irresponsible but lets admit it there are a lot of people that just don't care and unfortunately that's whats getting noticed and is going to affect all of us.

So, if we or someone doesn't step up to the plate soon you're going to have to buy 70 acres of land just so you can sled and quad in the near future.......

Now everyone can assemble at redwater and get it shut down too......

You need to BUY A BOAT..................

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
even 70 acres of land gets boring after about 1/2 hr or so. bogger i was just jokin signage looks more than adeqaute.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
even 70 acres of land gets boring after about 1/2 hr or so. bogger i was just jokin signage looks more than adeqaute.

Oh I know you were... problem is they try to excuse themselves....
One guy said he figured because it was a weekend and not during a weekday he was alright.... I didn't see anything about "work hours" on the sign...

"here's your sign"

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:lie::lie:a guy like that needs a good one of these. :kickass::kickass: fits in good with the idiots throwing beer cans in the lake this weekend:loser::loser: just sayin.

2manykids

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Thats what i did ............lol

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now everyone can assemble at redwater and get it shut down too......

You need to BUY A BOAT..................

Yup, I smell a boat coming up sooner than later :d

green-horn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
$172 PER UNIT. that includes truck & Quads/bikes.....

So a truck with 2 bikes in the back and 2 quads on trailers is $860...:eek:

Magnet, they were trying to use that excuse but #1 most trucks were staged beyond the signage and #2 it is signed on both ends of the road, so unless someone came in thru the trails (in which case they would just take off anyhow) they are busted...

Apparently a guy on a bike was backed into by a grader/dozer clearing fire debris and seriously injured... I am unable to find anything about this incident in the news so I don't know if it was unreported (unlikely) or if the residents are exagerating the extent of injuries and seriousness of the incident (likely)

HOWEVER... that said the officer was there due to public pressure from area residents and it will remain a top priority... there are still underground hotspots and ongoing cleanup. the future of ATV's in the area is still up in the air, if the locals (who are very vocal) have thier way it will be perminently closed to OHV's.

I'm sure not all, but some of the 60+ atv's/bikes I personally saw on saturday are members on here.... if the area gets shut down it might just be because of you.... brap,brap, brap as you fishtail down the centre of the road @ 70, 80, 90, 100+ km/hr.... hell I ride and even I find it hard to take after about an hour...:rant::rant:

Just sayin

:rolleyes:Well Bogger you will know who to thank for closing another area!:d Will it open after the work is done..:eek:I seriously doubt it. We are our own worst enemy. Are we all guilty in some way....honestly I would have to say yes. Can we improve Yes. The Big question is will we in time.

carter.c

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there other places as good as bruderheim that is roughly as close to edmonton? Bruderheim was so convenient to just go riding for an afternoon.

kawiford

Reaction score

i didnt think hells half acre was closed... was there on the weekend, didnt see any signs and there were tons of people there. when did they put up the fence at the pumpjack?

youngpolarisguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i live out on hells half acre and didnt think it was closed but that wouldn't be such a bad thing the trails are getting pretty bad out there. any way kawiford you up for quading on sat.

theDraco

Reaction score
Funny, I was at Bruderhiem yesterday and other than checking us for insurance, and warning us to stay off the range road other than to cross it, the RCMP on the quad didn't say a single thing about the area being closed. There obviously has been work going on in the woods, maybe it's been re-opened? I know the cop said only to park in the big sandy area for staging.

Quadzilla700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i didnt think hells half acre was closed... was there on the weekend, didnt see any signs and there were tons of people there. when did they put up the fence at the pumpjack?

i live out on hells half acre and didnt think it was closed but that wouldn't be such a bad thing the trails are getting pretty bad out there. any way kawiford you up for quading on sat.

Hells Half Acre is still open. I was there again yesterday and there was quite a few people out there and no signs up telling people that it's closed. I think the fence is up around the pump jack and the road north of the pump jack blocked to keep people away from the pump jack probably because of the garbage that some people leave behind. I have been stopped several times this summer by peace officers out there and had my paperwork checked out and there was nothing said about it being closed. I'm sure i would have been told to leave if that was the case. If you ride there please take out what you take in.

Top Bottom