BRP delay

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would ask them to give you your refund when the machine sells. This way they are not out any loot up front. They surely dont need to make another $1000 +++ on that sled. I asked about bailing on my last year's SC, and I was told they would do the refund when the unit sold. I thought that was a fair compromise. Maybe go up the chain at the dealership as well.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is the sled still arriving, or was the order canceled?
I’m not understanding something in the dealership’s complaint that it’s a unsellable sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
According to the dealership my snowcheck is cancelled but he still receives it as inventory once it’s built. He says it is unsellable as it’s a 175.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would ask them to give you your refund when the machine sells. This way they are not out any loot up front. They surely dont need to make another $1000 +++ on that sled. I asked about bailing on my last year's SC, and I was told they would do the refund when the unit sold. I thought that was a fair compromise. Maybe go up the chain at the dealership as well.
Initially that was the plan but things went sideways when I submitted a claim and he was told to give my money back. That’s when he said I should put my money where my mouth is. Not expecting a phone call anytime soon that he sold my sled.I was under the assumption that getting my snowcheck cancelled would make both parties happy as he wouldn’t get stuck with it. But that’s not how it works.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
According to the dealership my snowcheck is cancelled but he still receives it as inventory once it’s built. He says it is unsellable as it’s a 175.

That dealer sounds like a hack.
Offer him 20g for that sled than, if he worried about it being unsellable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snoflake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I 100% guarantee he already has it sold. Unfortunately, the guys who ends up with it will likely be paying more than you, and have 1 less year of warrantee.

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
View attachment 262353
BRP said they would offer refunds on snow checks due to delays. Submitted a claim , it was accepted, cancelled my snowcheck. Dealership won’t refund my $1000. Dealership told BRP the sled I ordered was unsellable and they didn’t want to get stuck with it. So wouldn’t be giving my money back.
Sounds pretty greasy. I used to deal there also, but had a couple crappy experiences over factory recalls with them that made me question why I was dealing with them.
Switched to back to Red Deer when the warm fuzzy feelings disappeared in Wetaskiwin and their attitude kind of changed to "we're no worse than any of the other dealers".
I've stopped in there a few times over the last couple years, and have always been under-whelmed. Always wondered how their books look since it always seems super quiet in there.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
just playing devils advocate here but the dealer does lose a year of warranty so he does have to bank on selling that sled for retail with one year less warranty in order to give your deposit back. In this market that shouldnt be a problem and even for a 175. Other years, might be tough. That is maintaining his margins however. even with reduced sled price he should be able to move it and make a few points on it

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds pretty greasy. I used to deal there also, but had a couple crappy experiences over factory recalls with them that made me question why I was dealing with them.
Switched to back to Red Deer when the warm fuzzy feelings disappeared in Wetaskiwin and their attitude kind of changed to "we're no worse than any of the other dealers".
I've stopped in there a few times over the last couple years, and have always been under-whelmed. Always wondered how their books look since it always seems super quiet in there.
Well dealers can be hit & miss… for all my can am quads only one was from Turps… Troy is awesome but service and mechanics were horrible for many years so we switched to Wetaskwin and they were incredible… Ive gone into Martin’s to buy but couldn’t deal with arrogance and bragging how they r the biggest and best no one else knows what they are doing… blah blah … I walked out.. I’m sure I went on the wrong day as many people like Martin’s to my understanding and are huge supporters of sledding communities. I’ve been now back at turps for 3-4 years and the staff has been mint… absolutely get treated like a customer.
As for losing snowcheck cash or decidIng not to take it should have advertised on various sites for take over dealer probably appreciate that as if everyone ordered and then they cancel dealer could be stuck with a lot of sleds so if they do it for one then it’s expected of them. There’s different ways to look at situations but understand when yur out a few greenbacks.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Given the volume of 21-22 turbos on kijiji the 23 sleds must be getting close.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If that dealer is that greasy and he does receive the sled and then sells it i would be checking with brp to make sure the dealership doesnt put the sled in your name to get the new owner tbe 2 year warrenty and then they switch it over to the new owners name in 3 months im
Sure they wouldnt be that dumb since u put a claim in but you never no

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I understand the dealer needs to make sure he’s covered but why would BRP release information about refunds if they have no way to back that up? Not here looking for a pity party on my $1000. Just making people aware that the BRP refund is a joke.

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO this is on BRP, they made the statement that the deposit would be refunded, it's on them to pay it back.

Here's an idea, why doesn't BRP create a list of "unclaimed sleds" that all dealers have access to. Say a customer backs out of a sled, the selling dealer gets first dibs, if they don't want it allow all other dealers the chance to have it shipped to them instead, surely someone in western Canada can sell a 175. Of course this relies on the customer backing out before the sled leaves the factory.

MP Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO this is on BRP, they made the statement that the deposit would be refunded, it's on them to pay it back.

Here's an idea, why doesn't BRP create a list of "unclaimed sleds" that all dealers have access to. Say a customer backs out of a sled, the selling dealer gets first dibs, if they don't want it allow all other dealers the chance to have it shipped to them instead, surely someone in western Canada can sell a 175. Of course this relies on the customer backing out before the sled leaves the factory.
So… You expect the mobsters to do something honourable…?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is probably why people try to "sell" there snow checks on kijji for the deposit they put down. Because dealers dont want to refund it.

Why order stuff you don't want anyways.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That is probably why people try to "sell" there snow checks on kijji for the deposit they put down. Because dealers dont want to refund it.

Why order stuff you don't want anyways.
Why deal with Kijiji idiots when BRP releases a press release in September that there sleds will have a delays and offer a refund. Guys were getting sleds in February last year. I wasn’t going to spend $26000 on a sled in February. So I asked for a refund. If the sleds were going to be on time like they are why the press release? I ordered a new Chevy and it wouldn’t show up so I found another truck and cancelled my order and got my deposit back. No questions asked. If the dealers want deposits on everything without delivering the product eventually the consumer gets tired of it.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why deal with Kijiji idiots when BRP releases a press release in September that there sleds will have a delays and offer a refund. Guys were getting sleds in February last year. I wasn’t going to spend $26000 on a sled in February. So I asked for a refund. If the sleds were going to be on time like they are why the press release? I ordered a new Chevy and it wouldn’t show up so I found another truck and cancelled my order and got my deposit back. No questions asked. If the dealers want deposits on everything without delivering the product eventually the consumer gets tired of it.

Im not pick on you Niner, just having a discussion here. I can understand not wanting a snow check in February, but it is November. Not sure what to say about the press release. Maybe nororna knows.

Id like to see in season models come back, cause ya sometimes its nice to buy and pick up the same day

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im not pick on you Niner, just having a discussion here. I can understand not wanting a snow check in February, but it is November. Not sure what to say about the press release. Maybe nororna knows.

Id like to see in season models come back, cause ya sometimes its nice to buy and pick up the same day
All good. I was asking myself why I snowchecked it too. Last sled I snowchecked was a 2003 vertical escape. Good reminder why I stopped ordering sleds.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
All good. I was asking myself why I snowchecked it too. Last sled I snowchecked was a 2003 vertical escape. Good reminder why I stopped ordering sleds.

Ya im not a big fan of the program either.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A22D5AEA-17F3-4EDF-A43C-D9B0750DEFFB.jpeg
2C3F30E0-389E-4406-953D-63DA9091064A.jpeg

Top Bottom