Broken bottom front track shock mount

Reaction score
A ride last weekend in quartz creek and coming down to the parking lot I broke the bottom front track shock mount. Now the trail was very rough and I understand that things do break. I am curious if this is a common issue or not. And if there is a upgrade. Sled is a 2012 pro rmk.

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Judging by the lead time on the parts, I'm assuming it's not that common. That I've heard of anyway. All the ones I heard of were from the bolts backing out.

I broke mine and the shock last year.........but I crested a hill and landed on a boulder. FTS and the lower mount were the only casualties so I can't complain considering it bounced the sled and I 15' (witness estimates) in the air. Carnivals charge for that kind of ride. Lol. Would have been cheaper.

Popik

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did mine in at Silent Pass last year but again it was crazy rough and bombed it hard enough that im shocked nothing else was broken too

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look over at my buds 14 at the end of a long day and his front track shock is just hanging there by the top bolt. Everything related to the bottom mount is gone and the dangling shock did a number on the track. It had been apart before to upgrade the springs so not sure if maybe a bolt was not tight enough. If you buy all that stuff from Pol it really adds up $$$. Find somebody wrecking one.

lorne1176

Reaction score
What Quikrides said bolt backs out rattles the shaft along with the hammering, bolt eventually breaks. Not a bad idea to check the torque on them couple times a year if putting miles on and or thread lock the $hit out of them.

Reaction score
Well didn't hurt the track that I can see but did bend the shock when I tried to back it out of the trailer. Good time to throw in an exit shock with triple rate spring. I will be thread locking the bolts once the parts come in. Thanks for the replies.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well didn't hurt the track that I can see but did bend the shock when I tried to back it out of the trailer. Good time to throw in an exit shock with triple rate spring. I will be thread locking the bolts once the parts come in. Thanks for the replies.

Ian is that you? Should have got a Doo! haha JK If your looking at a new shock check out Raptor Performance Shocks, they are the shinznit!

https://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=...2YS8cleICLCCYcOwQ&sig2=EIgLMOwZ-EOed4CrfZRH-A

2Quickrides

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Like this kind of bend the shock?

Reaction score
Last edited:

Ohmz

Reaction score
One of the mounting bolts snapped off on mine last year. no damage to the shock but had to wait a week and a half for parts... whole shaft was gone and the shock was just dangling from the top mount. ended up zip tieing the shock up so it didn't bounce on the track and rode home.

Reaction score
One of the mounting bolts snapped off on mine last year. no damage to the shock but had to wait a week and a half for parts... whole shaft was gone and the shock was just dangling from the top mount. ended up zip tieing the shock up so it didn't bounce on the track and rode home.
Any problems after you fixed it?

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The front torque arms are a known problem. My 15 yr old snapped his in 2 and then stabbed the track during our last ride in Renshaw last year. I bought a new one and then had it modified the way it should have come. Every connection has a gusset. The bolts falling out were mainly on 163's. For some reason Polaris forgot to use loctite on those. Most dealers caught this during PDI.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yah Vance Mathason on here broke the mount last year to. Never hurt his shock. I think we unbolted the shock totally to make it back to the truck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustChilling19

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to mine this weekend. Anybody know if there is warranty on this? Any used ones for sale here?? Leaving for Revy on Friday.

Cheers,
Tyler

Reaction score
Same exact thing happened to mine this weekend. Anybody know if there is warranty on this? Any used ones for sale here?? Leaving for Revy on Friday.

Cheers,
Tyler

I got mine from sled parlor in carstairs. Shock and 2013 and up mount. When I put it back together thread locked the mounting bolts so hopefully they don't back out ever again

Top Bottom