Breaking in a sled at Vale.....?

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How many guys have brought new equipment up to the mountians with 0miles on it? Wondering if my sled will get any mild throttle use with all that fresh snow, if I go up next week. Should a guy hit a place like Milage and take it real easy going up.....then I'd feel better when I'm wide open up top? Can't wait for break in snow around here.....:rant:

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Clemina is a good trail for break in. 18 kms to cabin and lots of areas to play. We had a new 2010 XP with us Monday.

Hudson_M1000

Reaction score
I broke my sled in at quartz creek, had 5kms on it when i unloaded.Burnt one tank of mixed as per manufacturer specs. only used 3/4 throttle at most and just in spurts. When that tank was empty, filled her up with premo and to the pin she works real good

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 07 1000 and my 09 XP were all broke in on the mountain and are both running very well.

Put a bit of oil in with the gas and ride it

xp mountainrider

Reaction score
I am leaving right now with my new 2010 for Valemont, And when I take if of the Trailer I will let it warm up good, And then I will drive it like I stole it....lol

I will put oil in the Tank...

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have broken in all my mountain sleds in the mountains, put about 500ml oil in the first tank, warm up the motor to operating temp and take it easy for about 5 miles and then I ride it like a rental.

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hahahaha! That made me laugh!!

Just take it easy for the first 5km on the trail? Then like xp mountainrider said.. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

My dad's rt1000 was broken in on the mountains. That chip thing that skidoo has to limit the power turned off (Or what ever it is when it reached the right miles / runtime) And he felt a HUGE increase in power.

scotts

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have broken in all my mountain sleds in the mountains, put about 500ml oil in the first tank, warm up the motor to operating temp and take it easy for about 5 miles and then I ride it like a rental.

Thats just what ive done to about ten sleds over the years. Burp the throttle lots on the way up to the cabin then ride it as normal. Ive never had an issue and will be doing it to a new m8 next week in valemont

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats just what ive done to about ten sleds over the years. Burp the throttle lots on the way up to the cabin then ride it as normal. Ive never had an issue and will be doing it to a new m8 next week in valemont

We'll be up there on Wednesday with a HCR and ASSualt!!!

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We rode Lucille on Sunday, and if you have any better visibility than we did, with all the powder, you will be quickly making your sled work pretty hard. From an old-time sledder, just make sure you've got good warm-ups before laying into it, and keep the deep and hard pulls fairly short with some on-trail cool-down times to follow. Moderation is best practise on break-in. Have fun!

Top Bottom