Boots?

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know Socks are a HUGE factor in the performance of boots. In my motorfist boots I have to wear proper wicking socks.. nothing too bulky or My feet will sweat and get wet. Cotton is the WORST choice for any kind of under layer as it doesn't breathe at all. In the classes I teach kids, I get them chanting
Cotton Kills Cotton Kills... just making the point that hypothermia (big bad boogie man Hypothermia) is hoping you will wear cotton as it will soak up your sweat like a sponge, then you will get cold... I wear motorfist socks and other wicking socks to keep my feet dry.
Sometimes peeps come into the store, and buy an outerlayer and say.. meh I've got a hoody to wear underneath... Noooooooooooooo wear the proper stuff! So the kids take the time to explain to them the properties of fabrics, and why hoodies aren't a great choice.

MOMMA is 100% right. YOU HAVE TO WEAR A GOOD WICKING sock. Or you will feel "damp". No Matter MotorFist or klim boots. Some other boots on here are NOT advertised as waterproof.

MotorFist uses the eVent membrane - the most breathable membrane used by anyone. They have the exclusive on it. Check this out:Event® Fabric,waterproof/Breathability Test - YouTube

The other membrane in the video could be is Gore, Sympatex or any other membrane. it is the only one that does a direct vent of sweat/vapor through a membrane in one step. just like your skin. it is patented. no one else's membrane can do this.

Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Man I wish these two companies could offer their products at a lower price.

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Me too!

It just very difficult to make something waterproof/breathable and tough and sexy and.....it just makes it expensive.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Keep the responses / experiences coming please. My man needs new boots :s

- HMK Pro Boa.. bought at xmas and before spring they were not waterproof and the boa cables snapped. bottoms were nearly tore out too.. had em on dryers all night until ride next day and sometimes not dry.. good ankle support tho (bought hmk's twice!)
- Motorfist boots.. bought at sled show and by spring not quite waterproof anymore, needed dryers nightly.. not good ankle support but most comfortable boot ever had.. bottoms nearly tore out too

Think KLIM might be the next try.

Heather I would urge Dathan to contact Motorfist regarding his boots. Our Sleddin men are Very tough on their stuff. If something needs to be addressed with Dathan's particular pair of boots it would be a great opportunity to give this feedback to Motorfist. They also offer Great warranty. Motorfist wants it's customers to be satisfied, warm and Dry. And you guys do know that that sole is replaceable eh??? part of the perks of the boot. The only way to continue to develop and Be Awesome (and yes sexy) is to give feedback! Have a great day!

Contact Motorfist at 1 877 fist 411

white6

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trish, will certainly look into that. Agreed our men are tough on there stuff, they play hard and ride often. Glad MF is willing to back their gear and give customer support. mfguy is already ahead of you on getting the issue of his boots taken care of ;) he's on the ball that one! Thanks MF for your quality gear and customer support :)

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Trish, will certainly look into that. Agreed our men are tough on there stuff, they play hard and ride often. Glad MF is willing to back their gear and give customer support. mfguy is already ahead of you on getting the issue of his boots taken care of ;) he's on the ball that one! Thanks MF for your quality gear and customer support :)

WOO HOOO!!!!! that's awesome!

Oilboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i used to have the HMk's but always got wet feet, bought a pair of the KLIM Radium boots, they are awesome i love the anckle support and traction, they could be a little lighter but its not really a issue, and the water proofing is still there after 3 years, also been creek tested lol and i came out with dry feet

KTfeM

Reaction score
Motorfist for sure. Warm, dry, light and Killer warranty!!
I have all MF gear and couldn't be happier!!!

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested - have a pair of 2012 Klim Radium boots for sale - size 11. Only used them for 6 days riding. Amazing boot, but just a bit too tight across the toe box for me - I will be replacing them with same model but larger size. $200.00+shipping Send me a P.M. if you're interested.

RocroM8

Reaction score
Fiance bought me a pair of Klim's about 3 years ago and they are by far the best boot I have ever worn. My feet never get wet and was ankle deep in Clemina Creek for 45 minutes digging out a sled. Got a few buddies to buy them and they all say the same thing.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a pair of Klim boots, but didn't like how they fit. Too tight on my toes, probably needed a half size bigger. Bought a pair of Burton Motos for half the price. Really like them, speed lace system or whatever works good. Good ankle support, comfortable. The soles do get a bit chewed up from the running boards, but nothing too crazy. Need to get another pair this year, and it will be Burtons.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mukluks all the way, light, warm, sexy and did I say SEXAYYYYYY?

Baa ha haaa!! I have a pair.. I've had them for 14 Years!! A Lady in Edson Built them for me. Deer Hide.. I love them so much. My husband is kind of mortified when I wear them in public, which is a lot, but he's getting used to them. I actually delivered my son in them! Baa ha haa.. I know... TMI....

:)

QuintinG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Klim boots and socks(and every other piece of gear i wear)and no complaints. Comfy, warm, good support. But because I've heard so many good things about motorfist from people who's word is worth trusting and I've talked to many people who have used their product with positive results, I plan on buying a set of MF gear and giving it a good personal trial and abuse run!

mfguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm running Klim boots and socks(and every other piece of gear i wear)and no complaints. Comfy, warm, good support. But because I've heard so many good things about motorfist from people who's word is worth trusting and I've talked to many people who have used their product with positive results, I plan on buying a set of MF gear and giving it a good personal trial and abuse run!

Report back on the trial and abuse. If you do have any probs you know where to find us. Here on the good ole' forums or call direct.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had the Klim Adrenalines for 4 years and they have been great, feet always stayed warm and dry. I bought a pair of the Motorfist boots last year, as the toes and soles on the Klim's were worn from kicking the running boards. The Motorfist boots were much more comfortable and fit way better, felt just like a good pair of work boots. My feet did get cold one day in the Motorfist boots, but I think I may have had them tied to tight!! I would give the edge to the Motorfist on the fit and comfort and the fact that the soles can be replaced.

Brojoe

Reaction score
All I wear is KLIM, and have not been disapointed. There warranty is top shelf.

sledxp

Reaction score
i got the hmk single boa and very happy with them. never wet even a little and i was riding all spring and a bit in the summer. my buddy has the double boa and the bottom is almost gone and the get wet now. my friends with their klim boots have their bottom soles worn off.

Top Bottom