Boosted pro 174

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
Planning on doing a 174 on my boosted pro. Debating on the 3" or the 2.5". Anyone have any input on this, pros an cons between the two lug sizes? Any feedback is appreciated

git r done

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly i wouldnt go with a 3 inch because you arent always riding in powder. Sometimes everywhere you go is hardpack and really unless you are a hardcore shoot climber do you really need that 3 incher with a boosted sled especially when you could be running a 174 2.25 and not worry about destroying your hifax on a long trip. If i was to do it I would most likely just go boost with 174 2.25 or no boost and 174 2.25 good luck either or it should work out.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Honestly i wouldnt go with a 3 inch because you arent always riding in powder. Sometimes everywhere you go is hardpack and really unless you are a hardcore shoot climber do you really need that 3 incher with a boosted sled especially when you could be running a 174 2.25 and not worry about destroying your hifax on a long trip. If i was to do it I would most likely just go boost with 174 2.25 or no boost and 174 2.25 good luck either or it should work out.

What??????????? 2.25 come on..... guys with boosted sleds do not run 2.25 174 tracks do they even make a 174 2.25. run the 3 inch 162 or the 174. We are building 2 174 x3x15 2012 pros right now and they will be sweet as well as one last year.

Attachments

• DSC_0502.jpg
    DSC_0502.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 263
  • DSC_0526.jpg
    DSC_0526.jpg
    171.5 KB · Views: 256
  • DSC_0508.jpg
    DSC_0508.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 261

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
Nice set up, pics look good. I run the BD kit and wonder if the avid case will still allow enough room for the tunnel dump exhaust ?

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I rode Nm's Pro for a day with a 3"X162 with HM turbo and Racers Edge skid. It worked wicked, I personally wouldn't run anything but a 3" on a boosted sled. My $0.02.

exactly after running a 174x3 last year there is never going back for me either, the 3 inch is incredible even in a na sled like my doo was.

davidbaron

Reaction score
I've had both tracks in the past, and the 2.5" might be a better all around track but nothing compares to the 3" in deep snow, nothing! If u r building a 174 turbo then u probably plan to ride deep snow and why wouldn't you want the best track if that. The 3" is harder on sliders but $20 a peace is nothing when you start to look at the cost of this sled. if you r gonna spend all that money, make it count. 3" is my sugestion.

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know I dont know for sure I would say yes worst case you have to mod the tunnel dump a bit

hypnotoad

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice set up, pics look good. I run the BD kit and wonder if the avid case will still allow enough room for the tunnel dump exhaust ?

I've actually left a message with Reid with Boondocker about this exact question, when I hear back from him I'll post it up

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
Talked to Robbie at avid and he sent me a pic, looks like the muffler will clear the chaincase. But now I wonder with the track moved down will the exhaust be blowing directly onto the track?

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
Everytime I think I'm making head room something else pops up. Without butchering the tunnel some more and having a custom muffler made I'm not sure a way around this. As of now the bottom side of the track rides just above the tunnel dump. With the avid case the track would ride approx right in the middle of the exhaust hole. Any suggestions on this issue??

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
Me too. I'm really open to suggestions and ideas on this. Would really love to run the 3" on this chassis under boost! So lets start tossing some ideas around!

Xtremist

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i put a 174 3'' on my apex last year before the riding season started and i love it, in deep snow that track is amazing, and after the whole season it still looks like brand new, no torn lugs etc. 3 inch is the way to go.

Dirt2oil

Reaction score
I think the 3 inch is the way to go too. Haha I just can't seem to make it work at the moment with my tunnel dump.

Top Bottom