boost-it turbos coming to a doo near you

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify...that 3 year old Pro is in our shop right now. It needed a few things. Both exhaust donuts blown out, bushings in primary clutch seized to shaft, both exhaust valves barely slide, fuel filter plugged, among a few other structural issues. You probably should have mentioned they were in concrete snow.
Your Doo buddies have better enjoyed it while it lasted.
Lots of half truths on the forums.

if a foot of powder is concrete..........yup, half truths!

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another Doo turbo finished and gone to a happy home. Starting at 6700.00 for water to air kit.
Presently working on a turbo package for next season that should come in at under 5k with full altitude compensation, intake air temp comp, full clutching, stainless muffler, Garrett turbo, Turbosmart BOV, Etc.

That will kill the BB market right there! Lol you definitely have my attention, Im impressed with what I see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That will kill the BB market right there! Lol you definitely have my attention, Im impressed with what I see.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thats exactly where Im at on the HP issue. I just cant justify the amount of money for a BB for the actual gain you get at elevation. 6700 seems like a lot, but if you honestly look at how much it costs to get a big bore on and set up propertly it isnt that far off. With the turbo route at least you have some actual power gain you can notice. Just bought a 2014 TSS 163x3. All of a sudden Im more excited about sledding.

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify...that 3 year old Pro is in our shop right now. It needed a few things. Both exhaust donuts blown out, bushings in primary clutch seized to shaft, both exhaust valves barely slide, fuel filter plugged, among a few other structural issues. You probably should have mentioned they were in concrete snow.
Your Doo buddies have better enjoyed it while it lasted.
Lots of half truths on the forums.
Sounds like its lucky it even ran with all those issues let alone was drag racing. I know the guys on the pump gas doo's and I got a little different story. I guess everyone has nothing better to do than make sh$t up??

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another Doo turbo finished and gone to a happy home. Starting at 6700.00 for water to air kit.
Presently working on a turbo package for next season that should come in at under 5k with full altitude compensation, intake air temp comp, full clutching, stainless muffler, Garrett turbo, Turbosmart BOV, Etc.

Excellent !!
Good you are trying to build it for the $5000.00 ish.
I will defiantly look at one for next year .
I like locally built .

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like its lucky it even ran with all those issues let alone was drag racing. I know the guys on the pump gas doo's and I got a little different story. I guess everyone has nothing better to do than make sh$t up??

I would love to hear the story you got. I'm pretty sure the results are not made up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kibbels

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I think u would capture 60% or greater of the peeps that want a turbo for the doo... As many riders just want that little more and for $5k you most likely be busy IMO... And that alone will sell more doo's!

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would love to hear the story you got. I'm pretty sure the results are not made up.

I think we have the same story I just find it comical that the pro even ran with all those issues but if Neil said it then it must be true! I can say that the aerocharger's with the new sequential fire box work extremely well if installed correctly and have the proper clutching. With that being said there are many kits from many different kit builders that are not set up right!

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly where Im at on the HP issue. I just cant justify the amount of money for a BB for the actual gain you get at elevation. 6700 seems like a lot, but if you honestly look at how much it costs to get a big bore on and set up propertly it isnt that far off. With the turbo route at least you have some actual power gain you can notice. Just bought a 2014 TSS 163x3. All of a sudden Im more excited about sledding.

I know right now my slightly modified XM is running with 872's for half the price point, or the ones I encounter anyway.

and I will second the comment that someone needs to make a 2 smoker sound like a raging apex!

bigfish

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think we have the same story I just find it comical that the pro even ran with all those issues but if Neil said it then it must be true! I can say that the aerocharger's with the new sequential fire box work extremely well if installed correctly and have the proper clutching. With that being said there are many kits from many different kit builders that are not set up right!

iam not here to start a fight or looking for one just putting this info up for guys to see.i have been around allot of turbo kits & turbo sleds for many year,so when someone says y turbo was running 9lbs got destroyed by x turbo running 5lbs both 800cc sled well you do the math either someone is not telling the truth or the sled running 9lbs had issues.neil has no reason to lie his kits prove themselves if you have been around one that is taken care of & running right.

sledhead9825

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
2 of my buddies are running areochargers from mountain magic at 5lbs and the completely destroyed my buddies boost-it race gas pro rmk at 9lbs. Needless to say he's pissed. His sled has a racers edge skid and a 174 x 3 track. The doo's are stock 163's pump gas. I'm a cat guy but I think next season I will be on an XM. they run flawless at 5lbs.
At least make the BS a little believable

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
At least make the BS a little believable

It wasn't BS at that time . It was just that he Polaris was not running great as I had thought when reading it the first time.
Everyone gets a good day to kick arse and it's was the doos that day.
Next time out probably not so much?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last year my M1000 was close to Paul's mtntk pro at 7 lbs, this year with new fuel filter, new map, new clutching and him still running 7 lbs in the mountains it's not even close. We can't believe its the same sled. It's so much better, has me thinking a lot about turbos for next year. Paul had talked to Neil and helped a bit with clutching but also said his boost it kits this year are way better than a couple years ago. Like everything technology is just getting better and better.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok to set the record straight, we were in Keystone dec 13th, keystone never got the rain that boulder did so the snow was nice and soft. we lined up at the bottom of the hill and took off
i prob had 6-7 sled lengths on him by the time we crested the top. I have rode the pro a number of times over the past few years, and its not even close the the pull of my XM on 5lb.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those psi engines are wicked "strong"!! We had a 910twin in a 600 ah the good old days!

Last edited:
Top Bottom