Boost 165 VS Turbo Doo 165 Comparison

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive rode 300hp sleds for days then jump back on my NA, and ya it feels pretty slow after that.

After the stock turbo? Lol

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ive rode 300hp sleds for days then jump back on my NA, and ya it feels pretty slow after that.

After the stock turbo? Lol

an N/A is 30 less hp, you would be lying to yourself if you said there was no difference after jumping back on it. Its more evident on marginal snow the turbo machines keep getting faster and faster and the N/A hit a wall. Boost gives these sleds more room to stretch their legs, and its evident.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BOTH. Track speed was right around 44-45mph stock by the end of the day that was up to 49-50mph. It was significantly stronger. The biggest issue is the lack of traction in deep snow. the 2.75 just sucks compared to the Doo 3". We already new this as we have been cutting Doo tracks and putting them on our polaris sleds for a few years now. Polaris really needs to build an actual deep snow track. Sucks to spend 23K and then need $400 in clutching and $1500 on another track.
Would be nice to see a powerclaw 3" on them boosts 😁.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
an N/A is 30 less hp, you would be lying to yourself if you said there was no difference after jumping back on it. Its more evident on marginal snow the turbo machines keep getting faster and faster and the N/A hit a wall. Boost gives these sleds more room to stretch their legs, and its evident.
There is a difference, its not like jumping on a rocket though

Last edited:

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother and I were at Renshaw Jan 29 with his T-Doo and I had my Boost.
I would say we found exactly what Ben and Max did.
The Boost cleanly beat the Doo if there was traction or less than two feet of snow.
I did not post the Boost track speed on set up snow as did not want the wrath of the Doo-ers crying foul but it was 56mph coming out of spirit lake with my fat azz on the Boost. Coming down trail at the end of day I hit 74mph, not good for the track but hell I just wanted to know.......
Tables turned for sure in the couple spots that the snow was deeper and then the Doo was faster, I am also 50# heavier than my brother but I think the Doo was faster in the deep. Doo has always had a strong motor.
Was first day out for both sleds.
The Poo runs so fat on the bottom I sear I could smell gas.
Hopefully this cleans up after breakin and out of the hole performance.

50 extra lbs is significant I would think, and likely show up more so in deep snow?
A buddy of mine rides the same sled, it came out of break in last weekend and he claimed a noticeable difference in power.
Regardless the sleds today are incredible!!!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The Powerclaw is horrible with Boost. Chris tested one last year. As soon as your break 45mph track speed it was a trenching piece of junk. The Camso XL 300 or X3 or X3.2 are you best options. The Composit M770-R is also a good choice.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Powerclaw is horrible with Boost. Chris tested one last year. As soon as your break 45mph track speed it was a trenching piece of junk. The Camso XL 300 or X3 or X3.2 are you best options. The Composit M770-R is also a good choice.
I cant break 45, good to know.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We were all excited to see how it would work with boost as they work great for N/A, when we got on the hill and tested, it was a complete dog.
Thats too bad, guess i will have to factor in a different track with the turbo addition when i make that jump.

08dmax

Reaction score
We have welded 2 or 3g nut on the bottom of the stock weights. Still pulls 8400-8500 at 2000-4000'. This also pulls much better track speed over stock in the 48-50mph. I have tried epi 76g actual weight is 77.5g and they have much better bottom and mid range, still can't match the top end of stock weights with welded tip wieght. Still hits a wall at 50mph and I know there is more to be had, its just beyond my clutching knowledge.

M1ryguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its a tough track. We run them on our turbo Yamaha's and they are one of the tracks that doesn't fold over under power.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BOTH. Track speed was right around 44-45mph stock by the end of the day that was up to 49-50mph. It was significantly stronger. The biggest issue is the lack of traction in deep snow. the 2.75 just sucks compared to the Doo 3". We already new this as we have been cutting Doo tracks and putting them on our polaris sleds for a few years now. Polaris really needs to build an actual deep snow track. Sucks to spend 23K and then need $400 in clutching and $1500 on another track.
This is the exact opposite of my experience. The 165 2.75 is the greatest track ever made.

jhurkot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe in that revy mashed potatoes you guys call snow.
Wait until February 14th when skidoo releases their new chassis with a 15" wide track, 2.76" lug, glued together, narrower plastics, fancy iPad gauge, and belt drive. Oh and RIP to t-motion and flex edge track as well.

jrusher

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good comparison! Watching muskokas videos comparing his doo and boost looks too come to same conclusion the doo comes out ahead or very close depending on snow conditions.

jereber

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good comparison! Watching muskokas videos comparing his doo and boost looks too come to same conclusion the doo comes out ahead or very close depending on snow conditions.
Considering Polaris Claims 9lbs of boost you'd think it would blow away the Turbo doo? just my 2 cents.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mmm i find these comments intresting. Im in sicamoose, i ride a 22 65 khoas with my own clutch kit , my group has 2 65 doo turbos and 1 75 doo turbos and the only sled that gives me trouble is the 75 in certian condtions. If we are up against a steep slope with min run, ill out climb all 3 doos. My sled is a missile and i constantly get comments from the doo guys about my ground speed, my track speed is a honest 44/45 mph. Im not one bit impressed with the performance of the tbo doo, im roughly 55 ish pounds lighter and my hp to weight ratio at 6000 feet is as good if not better than the doo.
My riding partner is picking up his boost tmro a 55 , so we will get a chance to compare my 65 na too his 55 boost.
My partner also has a 22 65 pro that hes trading back in for his boost but was on the fence cause he loves his pro na so much.
Btw, my sled blows away his stocker with stock clutching in all ranges of power, over a 100 feet in one climb at blue lake in the trees.
Now i know u might think im just a key board warrior, but thats untrue, i ride 2/3 times a week with some very well respected riders, maxwell i guided the tumbler group last yr at queest when you were there.
Anyways intresting comments and we will come to our own conclusion of na vs boost this week.
Sounds like you should sell clutch kits

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Considering Polaris Claims 9lbs of boost you'd think it would blow away the Turbo doo? just my 2 cents.

That’s 9 psi at 10,000’, just guessing but likely running around 5 - 7 where most ride around Revy.
They are running them on pump gas so from my experience, 5 psi at sea level is about max. Not sure where the boost is at sea level?

Top Bottom