Bolder closed

brian h

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hope all turns out ok,imo opening area up for people who know the area would be the fastest search procedure,since it sounds like these guys dont have equipment to survive having the fastest search would be best result. the rental company did no wrong imo for they are adults who would of went else were to rent if declined from one rental place. its upto people to be prepared. scotford posted some good points about being prepared,the one i dont do is list radio info on vehicle which is a good idea..... time will tell what the outcome is,hoping for the best

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I read that somewhere once :rolleyes:
QUOTE=Scotford;2462796]Hope these guys are found safe. But there is no reason for this in todays world of technology. 1: Ride with an in-reach or Spot satellite messenger. You are always locatable if lost or injured. 2: Carry two way radios and put the channel you are using on your truck window in the parking lot. 3: Do not ride areas you don't know well without a guide or someone who knows the area. Accidents can and will happen, pays to be prepared.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: LDK

Scotford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Think I read that somewhere once :rolleyes:
QUOTE=Scotford;2462796]Hope these guys are found safe. But there is no reason for this in todays world of technology. 1: Ride with an in-reach or Spot satellite messenger. You are always locatable if lost or injured. 2: Carry two way radios and put the channel you are using on your truck window in the parking lot. 3: Do not ride areas you don't know well without a guide or someone who knows the area. Accidents can and will happen, pays to be prepared.
[/QUOTE]Oops busted !!! Very good post viper !!

sled obsessed

Reaction score
Here's hoping these two young men are found safe and sound. I have heard of the "toilet bowl" and many a sledder getting stuck down there. It's been a few year's since i have ridden Boulder, is the toilet bowl adjacent to or drop off from the Sugar bowl?

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure what Dan was seeing, but we noticed all the fresh stuff sitting on a thin layer of ice which seems to have fell friday night. Seen several shallow slides

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very good news that they were found.

This might be a silly question....... But why wouldn't a rental company have a GPS on their sleds? Not only for reasons like this, but just in general?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

This might be a silly question....... But why wouldn't a rental company have a GPS on their sleds? Not only for reasons like this, but just in general?

Good idea. I'd have one of the little chips on there for sure.

sledneck__11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

because they allready have your visa lol

Top Bottom