BLUE RIVER 2016/2017 Conditions and Updates

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Amazing five days of riding in Blue, wrapped up today. Saw more snow in Salmon than I've ever imagined - too much snow! At one point I looked across the first lake/creek after you get into the area and saw 6 people stuck bad. White River had a ton but it is firming up now (and wind blowing). Redsands has regular mountain snow instead of the huge snow at Salmon and White.

The grooming leaves a little to be desired. We were told by a booth attendant one morning that 'it was groomed last night and only two sleds up ahead of you.' It was exactly as whooped as it was 16 hours earlier when we came down the day before. And I don't think White River has ever been groomed.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 811
Last edited:

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd want to hit Salmon, snow should be manageable now. The open spaces of White River are pretty trashed now, but if you like the trees there then it is the place to be. Redsands was pretty touched up as well.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the old thermostat at the house in Vale was cranked yesterday...extra layers required yesterday for sure but we survived!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gordhunt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We did Salmon on Dec 31st and snow was epic . Jan 1st in Groundhog was amazing no sleds and meadows full of deep untracked powder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those pix make me want to chop off my own pinky for not going.

These super cold Temps, snow is probably all concrete now fml.

FastFarmer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yep! Pretty set up! Typical places still have some but nothing like what that big storm threw down!!! Suppose to snow again so here's for hoping !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ukrainiansnowplumber

Reaction score
3 awesome days in Salmon....still lots of powder left. Some areas have 2 1/2 to 3 feet of powder to play in...and if you find the right areas there is 4'... we were getting stuck on almost flat ground.

Attachments

• IMG_20170106_125033.jpg
    IMG_20170106_125033.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 737

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Those cold Temps didn't turn the snow to concrete?? I'm surprised, it was minus 33 in Valley.

Dilbert8000

Reaction score
Hey guys, heading to blue in a couple weeks, first time. Looking for someone who does guiding in the area. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, heading to blue in a couple weeks, first time. Looking for someone who does guiding in the area. Any info would be great. Thanks.

Digger with Blue River Sleds. Awesome dude.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom