BLUE RIVER 2016/2017 Conditions and Updates

BeachSled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Redsands was great today, lots of lines through the trees and some deep snow in them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fantastic day again with you guys! Thanks for letting us tag along.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sledtillded

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Last day up Par Berry. Still found some decent lines. And we managed to get stuck a few times.
Came across a monster Avy on the way out and stopped by to make sure all was good. 2 guys buried and rescued. Sleds were twisted. Those are 2 VERY LICKY guys
2 fractures. The bottom one sheared at the rock the debris pile was massive !
Be careful out there and choose your terrain very carefully. This one could have been a lot worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weekend was nothing but great in coulees and salmon. Wondering if anyone happened to grab a small mtn addiction jerry in salmon yesterday? Came off the rails on the groomed trail coming out.

chevyxp

Reaction score
Arrived at Blue River today to find out areas foam, Finn and Salmon are all closed due to logging, word is could be for rest of season

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Arrived at Blue River today to find out areas foam, Finn and Salmon are all closed due to logging, word is could be for rest of season
Salmon and I'm pretty sure Groundhog won't be rest of the season. Another entrance into salmon is being worked on

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pushing a right away from foam to kilometre 13 on Finn, is what I was told. Why they can't log this area in summer I'm not sure.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pushing a right away from foam to kilometre 13 on Finn, is what I was told. Why they can't log this area in summer I'm not sure.

Wet belt, likely need freeze-up to get the equipment around in it and for roads to hold together.

It's industry, bean counters couldn't care less about us.......

Money talks, bullchit walks

Pretty sure industry probably built the road that we use that allows us to even access these areas .... yah it sucks but its bound to happen from time to time.
Exactly. Almost all sledding access in BC is due to logging roads.

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the guy that is running the grader up there yesterday and he was saying that once the road is cleared, he is to put a secondary trail in for sledders to be able to access the riding ares in groundhog and salmon. Road is being plowed to 15 km mark and trail from Foam access is at about the 12km mark.

Metalfusion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to the guy that is running the grader up there yesterday and he was saying that once the road is cleared, he is to put a secondary trail in for sledders to be able to access the riding ares in groundhog and salmon. Road is being plowed to 15 km mark and trail from Foam access is at about the 12km mark.

Did they happen to know when that would be? Considering going out that way this weekend

chickenman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
assuming as soon as they're done plowing that they will be working on the secondary trail. but not sure on the access from foam side

Top Bottom