Best skeg tire?

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Where would outlaw mst's be in that order?

Rockstarz

Reaction score
i just got the 30" outlaw radials, not as deep of a lug as the Outlaw but the same tread design.

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
Has anyone seen or tried the Black Mombas in skeg? They are more likely to heavy and aggressive

Seen these on a Yammy at the sports show last weekend. Wild lookin' tire :eek:

Attachments

• Black Momba.jpg
    Black Momba.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 110

modmanmike

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use quads every day for work in some of the gnarliest skeg you can imagine!
We've used mudbugs, mudlites, swamplites, outlaws vampires and the 2 best we've found are the mudbugs and outlaws. I have 1 quad with 12,000kms and its still running the original mudbugs and we have a quad with just under 16,000kms and it has swamp lites. the swamp lites are starting to seperate and crack at the peaks of the lugs. The outlaws, mudlites and vampires wont last nearly as long. we can only get about 8 to 10,000kms out of them and they start to lose lugs and crack and lose air constantly.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my vote would be zilla's great for mud good all round tire and light so they don't rob your power and not hard on axles like out laws. not that i don't like out laws just don't want to be changing axles

Andoo

Respected Military Member
Reaction score
Any thing big and agressive, that will give some float, but it also takes a lot of technique. I find if you dont spin just let her bite you go right through, I would say zillas, outlaws, mud bitchs, one of then should work find i did hear the silver backs like to dig deep so probaly wouldn't be my first choice. I have been down some of the worst skeg trails in alberta and all i have is swamp lites work good for me as i do long trail rides as well as mud.

How are the Swamp lites in the snow

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have been really happy with my mudlites for all around use. If i was only to play in the skeg i would get mudbugs or zillas. I have around 2700km on my tires and only punctured them once with a big nail. I use my quad for work on seismic programs so i am always running over sharp pokers and dead fall. Not sure why so many people hate these tires. Skeg is all thumb control and picking the right line. As you can see in these pics i did not pick the right line and was not easy on the throttle cuz "I have a big bad 700 with sweet new tires and i can go anywhere attitude"

Attachments

• Really stuck resize.JPG
    Really stuck resize.JPG
    186.4 KB · Views: 88
  • Still stuck resize.jpg
    Still stuck resize.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 90
  • Stuck resize.JPG
    Stuck resize.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 83
Top Bottom