Best price for tires?

Bigredd

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new set of rubber for my truck. I currently have a set of 315 70 17 BFG's I would like to go with the DuraTrac's would anyone know where to get them at a good price they want $1900 here in Fort Mac I think thats a little too pricey.
I also know they are an 8 ply versus a 10 ply what the truck should have on it Dodge 3500 SRW. I know it's not a big deal in AB but have heard that in BC it could be an issue, we travel to BC about 6-8 times a year throughout the winter and summer.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Give Todd or Bruce at WheelsPlus a call 780.435.0404 in Edmonton, tell them Mark B sent ya. They had the best prices I could find in Edmonton and surrounding area, so good infact that when I was getting new rubber I threw a lift kit in as well.

mel.h

Reaction score
DON'T go with Duratrac, i have a Dodge 3500 SRW & put 16,000 kms & they are 30% + worn out. Maybe they are designed only for winter use because they sure don't like the heat & pulling a trailer. I put 6000 kms on this past winter with them on & burnt off 4/32 of tread, that was only pulling a 2 place open trailer once to McBride & the rest normal driving with just the pick-up, no trailer.

Bigredd

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'm going to go with a 35 12.5 17 Toyo M/T or Nitto M/T not sure yet, they are both E rated.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya but neither are winter rated....... what about hank rt03 .... u can put studs in them....

Bigredd

Reaction score
I've looked at them to, but I'm going to have to give something up as they are a D rated tire. We plan to upgrade to a fifth wheel in the near future and should be running an E rated tire.

bigz64

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DON'T go with Duratrac, i have a Dodge 3500 SRW & put 16,000 kms & they are 30% + worn out. Maybe they are designed only for winter use because they sure don't like the heat & pulling a trailer. I put 6000 kms on this past winter with them on & burnt off 4/32 of tread, that was only pulling a 2 place open trailer once to McBride & the rest normal driving with just the pick-up, no trailer.

i agree with you our company put them on all year and i only got 50000kms on a 3/4 ton 6.0 liter chevy. the trick is to have a set of duratracs with studs for the winter only they are awesome in the snow and on ice. they do make an E rated duratracs

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention, I'm running the duratracs on a half ton and have over 6000km's on them and the fronts look like brand new, the rears only have a very slight wear, mostly from spinning on wet pavement. I found them a little scary on ice but plow through mud and snow like a tractor. Most people I talked to with them on a diesel didnt like them due to the fast wear rate. So their not much good on a heavy ass truck but excellent on a half ton.

Top Bottom