Best Premium Fuel

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wouldn't freshest be more important.

may have to check and see who sells the most premium in town. although that may not be a lot.

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't this just a matter opinion and not any factual information?

Well go fill you truck at Shell and see what you get for mileage. Then go fill at Fas Gas or UFA and see what you get for mileage. I have done it and got better mileage more than a handful of times with Shell.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just went to the airport and got my 100LL at $1.40 liter and chevron 94 was $1.29 liter..........might be running 100ll straight now because there is zero ethanol in it, and for the price difference from a 94 to 100 octane for 10 cents a liter! I found my new purple (blue lol) premium fuel! 100LL.....

E-Zmoke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are the benefits of running straight 100 Octane? Does one need a high comp head to run it?

hayastusa

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Someone's gotta know this for sure. I think Husky and Mohawk has 10% ethanol and Shell does not. I was also told ethanol is bad. In fact Polaris has a modified fuel map for ethanol blended and poor quality fuels:confused:.

overkill131313

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gasoline Octane and E10 Ethanol Blend Fuels

here is the poop on ethanol blend fuels. read it and you can make your opinion based on facts ratter than somebody's opinion

dont alway believe everything you read on the internet lol....the government must have wrote that! lol where there is ethanol there is water! but this has been talked about to death so this ends here!

Prairie Dog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies......this is why I sign up to these sites.:beer::beer:

For the sleds.......T-Phazer and T-Nytro. Just looking what's best to mix with Race or AV. Ran Shell last year and never had any problems but just wanted to see if things had changed.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Top Tier is only a brand name of the Detergent added to Shell's gas. It's the same deal as Chevrons Techron and Petro's Super Clean.

IMO- Aside from Husky and Mohawk which are 10% ethanol. Any gas station that is busy selling a lot of Premium is a good choice. The additives that are in the fuel aren't going to benefit a snowmobile.

SnoPro_78

Reaction score
Shell V-Power. For sure...I have tested them all in my high performance cars, sleds and harleys and there is no fuel that burns that clean , get that kind of milage out of a tank and performance just off the fuel. Fresh is huge, so the gas station has a big part to play. Fuel I have tested over the years Petro, Fas Gas, Huskey,UFA, and MoHawk,

Top Bottom