Best Muff pot meal!!!

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Re: Best Muff pot meal!!! A few recipes for you all!

Don't forget your Apple crisp!!! that's by far your best dish. I have been making that for a few years now and everyone calls it my legendary recipe and I keep having to tell folks that I actually ripped it off of you.

Yea, that is a good one! I'll have to re-post it. Another one I like is the pineapple upside down cake. That is another good one back at the truck…..

BTW, the steak and vegies turned out awesome today…….took them out frozen, did a few turns on one meadow, a few more on another, and they were just right.

Shadam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

keep "em comin people ...

we're all really hungry ...

granola just don't cut it ...

we aint no hippy ski tourers ...

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

keep "em comin people ...

we're all really hungry ...

granola just don't cut it ...

we aint no hippy ski tourers ...

You knocking the granola in my apple crisp??????????

The steak and vegies were awesome today……………have I ever said, "everything tastes better above 6500'….."

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

You knocking the granola in my apple crisp??????????

The steak and vegies were awesome today……………have I ever said, "everything tastes better above 6500'….."

Soooooo true!!!! :)

Side Show

Reaction score
I have my muff pot mounted right where my pipe meets the can on a Doo 800. Rode fairly hard for 3 hours and had cold sausages. Too much venting in the side panels? Or should I move it back down close to my y pipe?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I have my muff pot mounted right where my pipe meets the can on a Doo 800. Rode fairly hard for 3 hours and had cold sausages. Too much venting in the side panels? Or should I move it back down close to my y pipe?

On my 800R's I put them right under the spare belt storage place. I also cut out the clam-shell and the insulation. I always included the Muff-pot with the re-sale so the hole in the clam-shell was not a problem.

Lots of heat in this position. You will see lots of other suggestions, IMHO, this one works!

100_4953.jpg 100_4948.jpg

cbsharp

Reaction score
How do you guys carry your food around without it getting smashed? Backpack? Compartment on the sled?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
How do you guys carry your food around without it getting smashed? Backpack? Compartment on the sled?

My muff-pot is full so no moving around there. I load the muff-pot and put it in my back pack. If it is runny or messy, it will go into a zip-lock bag in the back pack and I use the same bag to bring back the garbage. With the storage on the new XM, it might be worthwhile to try the back storage compartment and stuff in a pair of gloves to keep it from rattling around.

Happy cooking.

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

yup put that thing near the Y pipe it will work great!!! takes bout 2 hours on and off......

yum yum

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I vac seal most of my food. Keeps it nice and tidy in my pack. It's easily defrosted too. If I forget to take my food out the night before I just drop it in a sink full of hot water for 10 minutes. Love my vac sealer!!!

I mount my muff pot as close to the engine as possible. On the pipe, not the shroud. Good idea cutting it out though... Smart!!

Getting some recipes together for ya Rowdy :)

nast70

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was at Cycleworks yesterday picking up a few things and saw new retro fit exhaust sections with cut outs for muff pots. I'll bet there's something similar for most brands.

Oh yeah, they came with a shiny new pot too!

teddybear26x

Reaction score
Since my sled is still in the shop getting upgrades, I figured I would take the time to make this season muff pot meals for sledding. Left is home made mac'n cheese right is elk meat sauce on tri colored rotini pasta. Rd 1 of 3 done. Still have pulled pork, shepards pie, chicken korma and teriyaki chicken to make still. Might do some apple crumble and upside down pineapple cake as well. Gonna be a delicious season.
This got me thinking, as a co-head chef at the Japanese restaurant in Fernie I love making food for other people, would you buy pre made muff pot meals. let's say you drive into town call the number and a guy shows up with some ready to go meals. Just chuck them in and go. Or, you pull into the staging area and someone is there with ready to go meals.
Would this be something that you would buy? How much 7,8,9,10$
depending on the meals.
Not sure on the logistics of it all but it is something I have thought about doing. Maybe my way of kinda giving back to the sled community around here(with a small financial return). I'm a chef not a rig worker don't make big coin.
Let me know what you all think. If your coming to town shoot me a PM and we can talk and maybe I can get something together for you. Just trying to find another way to pay for my toys.
Just a thought
muff meals.jpg

Last edited:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
Since my sled is still in the shop getting upgrades, I figured I would take the time to make this season muff pot meals for sledding. Left is home made mac'n cheese right is elk meat sauce on tri colored rotini pasta. Rd 1 of 3 done. Still have pulled pork, shepards pie, chicken korma and teriyaki chicken to make still. Might do some apple crumble and upside down pineapple cake as well. Gonna be a delicious season.
This got me thinking, as a co-head chef at the Japanese restaurant in Fernie I love making food for other people, would you buy pre made muff pot meals. let's say you drive into town call the number and a guy shows up with some ready to go meals. Just chuck them in and go. Or, you pull into the staging area and someone is there with ready to go meals.
Would this be something that you would buy? How much 7,8,9,10$
depending on the meals.
Not sure on the logistics of it all but it is something I have thought about doing. Maybe my way of kinda giving back to the sled community around here(with a small financial return). I'm a chef not a rig worker don't make big coin.
Let me know what you all think. If your coming to town shoot me a PM and we can talk and maybe I can get something together for you. Just trying to find another way to pay for my toys.
Just a thought
View attachment 143368

Hey Sean. That's a hell of an idea. Sure beats spring rolls, pizza pops, and all those salt laden quickies guys are throwing in their pots. Good luck and if you need some ideas you can PM me. fs

ChillySeven

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don,t frequent your area but on a busy weekend I think you could do great in a staging area.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I don,t frequent your area but on a busy weekend I think you could do great in a staging area.

could always send some out with your trail pass sellers too.... or see if one of the fuel stations would be willing to sell them for you.

teddybear26x

Reaction score
could always send some out with your trail pass sellers too.... or see if one of the fuel stations would be willing to sell them for you.

Thats the thing. I would have to try to find some one to sell them at the trail head for me as I work dbls Saturday Sunday at Yamagoya 7am-11pmish. So doing it myself isn't really an option.

hey Ferniesnow, do you think I would have to talk to the club about anything or could I just do it without any problems?

Trukker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be a buyer of said tasty snacks and it's got to be worth 10 bucks............You can't eat anywhere less than 10 dollars

teddybear26x

Reaction score
I would be a buyer of said tasty snacks and it's got to be worth 10 bucks............You can't eat anywhere less than 10 dollars
Awesome good to know. Of course I would provide condiments and utensils as well so $10 was what I was thinking.

Top Bottom