Best Muff pot meal!!!

Pwdrh0r

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I mounted mine on my can. Lots of room there. Also right above your can where the pipe meets the can is better, it's warmer and so simple to get to and mount

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: Best Muff pot meal!!! A few recipes for you all!

I will take the time this winter to collate some recipes and produce something that will help everyone out.

Here's another couple that are favorites (dam I have a lot of favorites……) and with the 2-tier pot from the Boulder Sled Shed better known as TheThing, it is amazing what one can up with for a hot meal….:D

This is chunks of BBQ New York strip loin, smothered in vegies, and the Thai Chilli sauce spread on top. More sauce can be added following the cooking process. For the appetizer, lemon garlic shrimp.

View attachment 141895 View attachment 141896

Do you freeze your meals? Or do you make fresh everyday? I'm looking for recipes to make for my bf's next batch of meals that will freeze easily.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glad you found the baking pans :) I just made a batch of meatloafs with mashed potatoes on top. I put cream cheese in the pototoes to help them freeze better, it keeps them from crystalizing. There are definitely some tricks to freezing food well, some things actually get better in the freezer! I do lazagna, enchilladas, chicken pot pie, homemade pasta, cinamon buns, and lots of little appy things for sharing. My pulled pork is pretty yummy, you pack the buns and coleslaw seperate and make hot sammies on the hill... I love food :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Glad you found the baking pans :) I just made a batch of meatloafs with mashed potatoes on top. I put cream cheese in the pototoes to help them freeze better, it keeps them from crystalizing. There are definitely some tricks to freezing food well, some things actually get better in the freezer! I do lazagna, enchilladas, chicken pot pie, homemade pasta, cinamon buns, and lots of little appy things for sharing. My pulled pork is pretty yummy, you pack the buns and coleslaw seperate and make hot sammies on the hill... I love food :)

Send me some recipes?! :D :)

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

I have to stop reading this thread...... Everytime I do, I get hungry......

SidewaysInto3rd

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey Rowdy and Douggy

Isn't using those alum containers the same as wrapping your food in alum foil ? i.e. do they burn and make your food black ?? or is this different than regular alum foil ?? Do you line them with parchment paper or anything ?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Hey Rowdy and Douggy

Isn't using those alum containers the same as wrapping your food in alum foil ? i.e. do they burn and make your food black ?? or is this different than regular alum foil ?? Do you line them with parchment paper or anything ?

No idea. I just figured they'd work better than just wrapping in alum foil. Plus handy to freeze meals in. This is my first year making stuff for a muff pot and it wasn't even for mine. My bf wanted hot meals for the hill so I told him I'd make him some. Sooo...once he has a chance to test it out I will let you know! :)

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have also used the cooking bags, which seem to work but i am going to try the aluminum containers and compare. I think if you spray the crap out of the aluminum with Pam should prevent burning to the aluminum? What do I know I am not much of a cook!!!!!!

Billy Boy:cool:

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

The pans don't stain the muff pot. If I have a really wet meal I wrap it in an oven bag as well.

HoldMyBeerAndWatchThis

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but have melted those oven bags, even after i moved my pot further down the pipe, some perfectly good deer sausage:crying3:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Do you freeze your meals? Or do you make fresh everyday? I'm looking for recipes to make for my bf's next batch of meals that will freeze easily.

Generally, I freeze them. I make a batch ahead of time, sort of like you did, with the strogonoff, pot pies, etc. but the appetizers (shrimp, scallops, etc) are always made daily.

Billy Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but have melted those oven bags, even after i moved my pot further down the pipe, some perfectly good deer sausage:crying3:

I never had that problem but my first time I used it I did not pre-cook the cubes of beef and it took all day to cook. Had a great snack at the end of the day back at the trucks!!!!! LOL

Billy Boy:cool:

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Hey Rowdy and Douggy

One has to be careful with TheThing as it gets very hot quickly. Cooking times really vary depending on the riding conditions. The picture below (first meal with the TheThing) was after breaking trail for 2000' (12 kms) and that took maybe only 20-30 minutes. Surprised the hell out of me!

I, generally prefer the parchment paper but saying that, I also like the foil containers for certain meals. The black, IMHO, comes from the food moving around and rubbing on the aluminum, so I always pack mine tight.

Aluminum and the old-timer's disease scares me, so I try to use parchment as much as I can…………I need all the help I can get…..:D

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ya, I'm starving now. Time to fight the hunger with a very delicious chocolate protein shake. I wish I was cooking on my pipe instead of working right now.

fatguy1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I will take the time this winter to collate some recipes and produce something that will help everyone out.

Here's another couple that are favorites (dam I have a lot of favorites……) and with the 2-tier pot from the Boulder Sled Shed better known as TheThing, it is amazing what one can up with for a hot meal….:D

This is chunks of BBQ New York strip loin, smothered in vegies, and the Thai Chilli sauce spread on top. More sauce can be added following the cooking process. For the appetizer, lemon garlic shrimp.

View attachment 141895 View attachment 141896

Don't forget your Apple crisp!!! that's by far your best dish. I have been making that for a few years now and everyone calls it my legendary recipe and I keep having to tell folks that I actually ripped it off of you.

cdnemsguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have mine and when out with the kids and wife, who all sled with me, hotdogs or sausage are a real treat. I look forward to many recipes outside the box. So far hotdogs are the only things that I can get enuff in the pot to feed the kids a warm meal. Sure love it though. Ride on!

Top Bottom