Best Jack for getting unstuck?

crooklyn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Hi-Jack is the original and the best. I have the knockoff Powder Jack....works fine. For those that "dis" them....you've never seen them used. Weighs less than a big turd in the AM, comes off and sets up in about 30 seconds, and gets the sled out with minimal effort. Edit: and for those of us with bad backs (I'm sure I'm not the only one), it makes the difference between riding a 1/2 day or going 3 or 4 days in a row....

Added pic...see the jack?

do you ever accidentally step on it or find it in the way at all?

the new power-jack has the option of being stainless steel. I emailed the makes and got a response on the weight.
"The aluminum jacks weight 4.75 pounds, the stainless steel are 6.75"

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you ever accidentally step on it or find it in the way at all?

the new power-jack has the option of being stainless steel. I emailed the makes and got a response on the weight.
"The aluminum jacks weight 4.75 pounds, the stainless steel are 6.75"
I don't even notice it there. And since I followed the line at the top of the tunnel, most people don't see it there either. I don't use the plate that comes with the jack...just drilled a hole in my shovel which is velcro'd to the outside of my tunnel bag. Real quick set up.

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't use the plate that comes with the jack...just drilled a hole in my shovel which is velcro'd to the outside of my tunnel bag. Real quick set up.[/QUOTE]

That is genius. Any probs with a shovel bending?

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Great i am going to get rid of that plate too. The shovel is way better idea.

MTsnowman

Reaction score
Website
www.stovedoctor.biz
Have to agree with barefooter - the hi jacker is the only way to go. Not looking to magnify my sled "delays" with the buddies, why not be able to get yourself out and no one knows the difference..............
Everyone raves about added weight and I say BS, better to be prepared!! Some of us like to carry many more "necessities" than most would ever dream of - it's just a matter of preference and I for one, prefer to be prepared for my backcountry outings . IMHO of course.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the powder jack i have used it about 10 times so far in 2 years, it has worked every time. But the worse thing about it is the plate, thanks to Dave that is fixed. I also drilled a hole in the front were my feet go up about 4 inches or so. I do not even know it is there when riding.

smokindave

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought the Powder Jack and use it a lot.My Tapex gets me into some lonely situations and with my jack I can get
my sled unstuck real easy all by myself without putting anyone else in danger or anyone putting their backs out.

As this sled is heavy all ready I am not overly worried about the extra nine pounds,with boost turned up to fifteen pounds it gets pretty light...lol

Riverjet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
do you know what the added weight is for the Powder-Jack?
always carry a shovel but strong buddies can end up costing to many beers at the end of the night for digging you out ;)

Part of riding is getting stuck and helping each other get unstuck. Spend your money on fuel and forget wasting it on junk like these silly jacks. Learn how to properly get your sled unstuck and you'll have little problems out there. One great little helper is the SnoBunje. Well worth the money.

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So many places you get to in the trees no one can make it to help you and these sled are getting to heavy to budge. It can lift that initial 700lbs of snow infest jammed up track with no effort at all. 2 minutes and your going again. I cannot count how many times i have got people unstuck with just muscle, thousands for sure.

toyman2k

Reaction score
Website
www.heisertoyota.com
figured keep on this old thread alot of good info. ANYONE buy a jack lately and what kind? and why? I like the powder jacks set up and mounting system. buddy uses Hi-jack and it works great just looking at others as well seeing the cost is all the same on the top 3. Powder Jack Snowjack and High jacker.

Top Bottom