Best Color for Flat Light Riding

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had a bit of an incident this weekend. I hit a drift as I was just getting on the throttle to head up the mountain and went over the bars into my windshield and basically tore my nose off because I had my visor open so I could see somewhat better, but still very poor visibility. I’m ready to make the switch to a new helmet with goggles. I want the best goggles for flat light conditions?

Vertical-Extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I had a bit of an incident this weekend. I hit a drift as I was just getting on the throttle to head up the mountain and went over the bars into my windshield and basically tore my nose off because I had my visor open so I could see somewhat better, but still very poor visibility. I’m ready to make the switch to a new helmet with goggles. I want the best goggles for flat light conditions?
Oakley's with rose prizm

adamg

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I prefer a bright red color. Once sun starts setting and it gets dark, then yellow color.

RXN

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually ride with rose color. And will switch to yellow at times. But there are times where it really doesnt matter. Cant tell with either lens.

Halon60

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to have a pair of Klim radius goggles that had a Blue lens. Those were by far the best goggles I have owned for flat light. They were the only pair of goggles i wore at Queest in Sicamous.

cdnredneck_t3

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
East of the Rockies and west of the rest.
I have a set of klim Oculus with the mirror brown gold that I thought were pretty good for all conditions. They came with a pair if yellow that I threw in and they are awesome. The don't give that bright yellow look like most other yellow lenses. I'm really impressed. Buddy had a set of Oakley Rose and the yellow oculus were as good if not better.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when I plowed snow in white out conditions start the day with yellow then rose and switch to blue

cattechsummitrider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Yellow, blue, rose and clear most days blue is the best for me next would be the clear but on certain days the rose or yellow is best

I think your flipping a coin on just one color

Blue works best for me.

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have Yellow, blue, rose and clear most days blue is the best for me next would be the clear but on certain days the rose or yellow is best

I think your flipping a coin on just one color

I don't carry just one. I have rose and yellow in the sled as well. I was just stating that on the flat light days blue is what I find best. When I change it up I always find myself going back to the blue.

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your input. I guess I’ll need a set that the lenses are interchangeable. On another note, it seems my like function is not working for some reason?

Top Bottom