Best clutch upgrade ??

Xmr1000

Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 xmr 1000 and want to upgrade my clutch . Does anyone know which ones are the best??

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 xmr 1000 and want to upgrade my clutch . Does anyone know which ones are the best??

Best gains are made with aftermarket primaries over doing the old school "clutch kit". The aftermarket primaries have a smaller diameter center bearing (or one-way bearing) which gives a lower starting ratio...IE: lower 1st gear. Easier on belts and faster out of the hole.

There are three available: STM, CV Tech, and QSC. (V Force John is testing one that looks promising, but not available yet) The STM is available as a Rage 3 or Rage 6 and these are beautiful works of billet art. They are pricey, but the racer-guys like 'em. More common are the CV Tech and the QSC....about 600 bucks. Both are re-purposed clutches from other applications. Lots of guys like the CV Tech...I don't. I won't deny that they work, because they do....I just don't like the super old school technology since it is basically a Powerbloc clutch off a 60's sled. Like I said...they work, I just hate 'em. Kwik Racing runs one, Barnes in Edmonton runs 'em on his race bikes.
I prefer the QSC. It is a Polaris ATV clutch with a billet spring cover made to fit under a Can Am belt cover. Bad thing about the shorty spring cover it that you can not use standard Polaris springs (of which there are thousands out there), you have to use the springs supplied by QSC. The good thing is that what they send you WILL work. The flyweights supplied are adjustable for tip, belly, and heel weight. If you are not a clutch guru, the set-ups suggested will be very good. If you are a clutch guru, this clutch can be made to do whatever you want.

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Best gains are made with aftermarket primaries over doing the old school "clutch kit". The aftermarket primaries have a smaller diameter center bearing (or one-way bearing) which gives a lower starting ratio...IE: lower 1st gear. Easier on belts and faster out of the hole.

There are three available: STM, CV Tech, and QSC. (V Force John is testing one that looks promising, but not available yet) The STM is available as a Rage 3 or Rage 6 and these are beautiful works of billet art. They are pricey, but the racer-guys like 'em. More common are the CV Tech and the QSC....about 600 bucks. Both are re-purposed clutches from other applications. Lots of guys like the CV Tech...I don't. I won't deny that they work, because they do....I just don't like the super old school technology since it is basically a Powerbloc clutch off a 60's sled. Like I said...they work, I just hate 'em. Kwik Racing runs one, Barnes in Edmonton runs 'em on his race bikes.
I prefer the QSC. It is a Polaris ATV clutch with a billet spring cover made to fit under a Can Am belt cover. Bad thing about the shorty spring cover it that you can not use standard Polaris springs (of which there are thousands out there), you have to use the springs supplied by QSC. The good thing is that what they send you WILL work. The flyweights supplied are adjustable for tip, belly, and heel weight. If you are not a clutch guru, the set-ups suggested will be very good. If you are a clutch guru, this clutch can be made to do whatever you want.

And there's your answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad Outy Max

Reaction score
No with the qsc or the cvtech you can do fine with the stock secondary unless your obsessed with clutching .....
Then you just gotta buy the STM billetted secondary ....but that's later

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom