Best Boat

LITTLE CRAZY

Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on what is the best ski and fishing boat to buy. I have looked at a few and the one i like is a Glastron does anyone know anything about them good or bad and or a better boat. The price i am at is around $30.000.00.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
I just bought a seadoo...bought it to fish, but have had so darn much fun tubing and just driving it, we havent fished yet...

Moral of the story, I have absolutely no worthwhile advice for you, just very excited about my first boat...

Sorry, and good luck!

polarice

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a seadoo...bought it to fish, but have had so darn much fun tubing and just driving it, we havent fished yet...

Moral of the story, I have absolutely no worthwhile advice for you, just very excited about my first boat...

Sorry, and good luck!

well arent you just a helpfull buggar lol

congrats on the boat

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i woudnt buy a fiberglass boat lakes are getting lower and lower buy a jetboat then u can go were ever u want and then u can run the rivers for the big fish just a thought i love my jetboat i wouldnt every go back to a glass boat just my 2 cents :d

sledn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i woudnt buy a fiberglass boat lakes are getting lower and lower buy a jetboat then u can go were ever u want and then u can run the rivers for the big fish just a thought i love my jetboat i wouldnt every go back to a glass boat just my 2 cents :d

How many liters of fuel on an average weekend (river cruising) does yours drink?

SHREK1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a crestliner with an outboard , ski , tube , fish , just lay around , works great , best fish and ski ive seen

RINGER

Reaction score
I have a regal / 5 litre inboard/ out board , love it it works good you can trim up to get out of the shallow lake shores rips about 55mph , has wakeboard tower ,and the carpet snaps out if you dont want it in there to fish , great all round boat although I am going to outgrow it as my 4 boys get older , 3rd year now no probs ,

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
If I didn't have the cabin cruiser I would stick with outboard..... easier to get at and worst case scenario motor is shot, buy a new one with warranty and trow it on.... minimal down time....

As it is I want a kicker plate & remote steering mounted on the fourwinns with a 9.9hp outboard

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i didnt buy a jet boat for fuel mileage but on an little run up the athabasca i burn a couple hundred litter all day maybe abit more and on the other jet boat it has a mercury smart craft computer and i can run about 5.5 gallons per hour that about 30 mph on the river

EMANAARON

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dad bought a 09 bayliner 195 Sport with the 200hp v6 in it,swim platform, and painted trailer. gets a whole weekend on less than 100 bucks tubing and skiing.

Paid 23500 last summer brand new.

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
well arent you just a helpfull buggar lol

congrats on the boat

Ya, I had nothin LOL

Oh and thanks!

Some of us here cannot afford a boat like yours nor do I have the balls to run a boat where you run yours, so for me, I will stick with the glass boat for now...

Maybe someday if I get the courage to ask for a ride and I survive without throwing up all over your water rocket, maybe I will change my mind, until then I can run mine in 12" of water, and do it a lot slower than you do LOL

I have watched a lot of your vids and ya, Im not that brave on the water LOL

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a nice boat for $26000 its an 96 jet boat not going to break the bank

Attachments

• 6869eh6_20.jpg
    6869eh6_20.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 31

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
I am looking for some advice on what is the best ski and fishing boat to buy. I have looked at a few and the one i like is a Glastron does anyone know anything about them good or bad and or a better boat. The price i am at is around $30.000.00.

There are lots and lots of boats for that price. Glastron certainly is a good name so is Regal, Four Winns, Campion. Shop around and see what fits you best. I am partial to Mercrusier drives as parts are readily available and they're easy to service. Basically its whatever fits you needs best. as far as fit and comfort.

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a really nice boat only 50hrs its an 2004 E5 eagle wants $36000obo so iam thinking 31000 will take it home it runs a 175hp sport jet there really good on fuel and great with the kids no prop to get legs tangled in and gret for tubing u will be thanking me for getting a boat like this

Attachments

• TEMP1.jpg
    TEMP1.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 25
  • untitled1.jpg
    untitled1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 27
  • untitled-2.jpg
    untitled-2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 27

gotboost

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and for the roost thing this E5 has a sport jet and sport jet dosnt throw a roost but mine will throw a 400 foot roost but i run a hydraulic place diverter so on a flick of a switch i can move my nozzle up or down big roost or no roost just my 2 cents and if any one is looking for a jet boat the fourm we are on is www.outlaweagle.com and there is buy and sell and lets go racing classifieds in there lots of nice boats to choose from and if u are looking to buy iam more then willing to take u out in mine

Last edited:

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here is a really nice boat only 50hrs its an 2004 E5 eagle wants $36000obo so iam thinking 31000 will take it home it runs a 175hp sport jet there really good on fuel and great with the kids no prop to get legs tangled in and gret for tubing u will be thanking me for getting a boat like this

For less than the 31G of that you could get a SeaDoo Challenger with 255HP. Brand new, warranty, swim platform, wakeboard tower, cd player. Thats where I would be leaning.

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Sledderdoc and I went to penticton and I picked this one up for $15K

Floating camper.... and it will pull a tube.....

four winns.jpg

Top Bottom