Best 35s

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TOYO Open Country M/T's. Im a big fan. Not to loud for a big tire and they last! I ran 35" on a Toyota Tundra I had and I'm currently running 37" on my Dodge. I have 60,000K on the 37". Next set of tires will most likely be these again.

I had them in 35's as well and lasted ages! Now also have them in 37's, quiet and a good over all 10 ply rubber for sure!!!!!

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone else running these? Was going to try them but a bit gun shy.
Tried the AT toyo twice and terrible tire. No traction and wore out right away.
Have been told these new AT Extremes are suppose to be much better.
Been running the Duratracs with good success but always like to try different types.

Exactly what I want to know as well, had good luck with Toyo MT's but would like to tame it down a bit, I am scared by the looks of that tire that it could be a rock thrower on the gravel.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone sipe a mt tire and use it for winter? Could be a good option, I know ward in Calgary does siping for $30ea

Never seen it done for winter use,, but lots of people sipe boggers to give better traction side hilling.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes I have a dedicated siped winter set of open country mts that I run come winter, they work incredible, but you could not run them year round they would chunk out fast.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do they have a snow flake on the side ??

Nope still a mud tire.

Good luck with putting chains on when its too late. I use my winters and get to sleding.

sent from A UNKNOWN PLACE IN TEA LAND

assaultbear

Reaction score
Toyo AT's on Sierra now. As above, don't think mileage will get that high before worn out. Anybody on here try the Kelly Safari TSL? Looks like a great tire.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a set of Toyo At 2's 275/65-20 on a 2011 f350 that had only 12000kms on them and they were just about toast. Big chunks pulled out tread face and worn bad. Front not much better. This fellow isn't hard on thinks (65 years old) and is really disappointed in them. Taking them back and seeing what they will do for him. I will not be trying a set.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to a guy in great falls and he swore by his nitto grapplers. He said he had 140,000k on them on a f-350 diesel? He had a brand new set of 6 for his dually and a set of 4 for the wifeys f-350. Said he paid $3300 for all of them which was the same price he would have paid for one set in lethbridge. I have no idea if it was BS or not but I would love to get 140,000 on a set of tires.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seen a set of Toyo At 2's 275/65-20 on a 2011 f350 that had only 12000kms on them and they were just about toast. Big chunks pulled out tread face and worn bad. Front not much better. This fellow isn't hard on thinks (65 years old) and is really disappointed in them. Taking them back and seeing what they will do for him. I will not be trying a set.

That seems odd... The tire dealer I normally deal with has over 20k on his diesel and they still look new. His were a 284/70/17

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I has a set of terra grapplers and only ran them for 27000Kms .
75% worn out.
2012 duramax running empty and 80 % highway.
Wished I would have taken picture of the Toyo's
They are not meant for any gravel.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
On my work truck I run a studded set for winter roads (m55) and a plain set in summer on the forestry roads around Grande Cache, great tire average 50k out of them on 100% gravel **** roads. Not really a highway tire though.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
99, what's the story on the tire pressure on gravel? Never heard that before.

If you are doing lots of gravel driving running over 35psi in your tires causes them to not conform to the jaggedness of the rock, this causes the rock to dig in and gouge the tread. Run full press on a 3/4ton like 65psi and watch tread chunks tear off in like 2000km. Trust me, it make a huge difference.

You'll also see a huge improvement in ride quality, as the tires will flex and absorb the bumps. Only real draw back is a mild loss in mpg.

c_nelson99

Reaction score
Cnelson99... Which were the best ever?

personally i've prob gotten the best life from the hankook rto3 mt's (Thats on a 06 cummins hauling sleds on a deck and a 6500lb holiday trailer) But they are def not the solution for winter as they have no siping. So far these procomp extreme at's iam running seem to be holding up and are fairly decent in mud and snow, Just seem hard to balance.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
personally i've prob gotten the best life from the hankook rto3 mt's (Thats on a 06 cummins hauling sleds on a deck and a 6500lb holiday trailer) But they are def not the solution for winter as they have no siping. So far these procomp extreme at's iam running seem to be holding up and are fairly decent in mud and snow, Just seem hard to balance.

Get some balancing beads. my dad runs 35'' PC on his 2012 F 350 DRW he had balancing weights on and my checks would shake at speeds over 110 km/h. he went to the beads and its now very smooth at higher speeds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you looked into running a mud tire for the spring to fall and then run a winter tire for the snow. You will get the same milage or better life on your tires. The best tire for gravel would be the toyo m55.

Sent from my LG-E973 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I do.
Studded duratracs for winter, mud tire of some sort for the rest of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
gone through 3 sets of toyo mts on a cummins. awesome tires but 75,000km and they are beyond pooched. probably done at 60k so was thinking about the at extreme as well. i guess mud tires and heavy trucks dont mix. sure are nice in deep snow and mud though and corner like a mother on the highway.

Director

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had great luck w/ Open Country MT's and for a less aggressive tire GoodYear Wranglers.. Neither are great in winter but Sipe the MT's and you've got a decent tire.. Need a big knobby tread to get the deep sipes in..

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had Toyo M/T 35's on my F350 and got over 80,000 km. Loved them. Bought Toyo AT 2's in April and so far so good. Approx 12,000 kms on them and they still look like new. Drove all the way to Oregon Coast and back, 37 c weather and pulling our 32 ft trailer. So far very pleased.

Top Bottom