BC to Regulate ATV, Sleds, & Bikes

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this leads to the end of the POS little crap cars with the loud muffles and the performance of a bycycle.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would say 95% of the people riding in the mountains have put an aftermarket can on their sled some because they want the noise and some for the huge weight loss i myself did it mainly for the weight loss like i said previously i lost 15lbs on the right side of my sled by converting to an mbrp can from the stock suitcase it came with if i could have a can that was more quiet and still have that weight loss id have that can but as it is the mbrp can isnt that loud if you compare to other models like jaws cans they seem to be pretty noisey i dont think its going to be a big issue:p

I'm guessing that they aren't going to be out in the hills with a db meter(although you never know in BC). Noise laws are usually only enforced where there are complaints lodged, in populated areas where losers can't show a little respect for people. Doesn't matter how loud your machine is if theres no-one there to hear it.

crm1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing that they aren't going to be out in the hills with a db meter(although you never know in BC). Noise laws are usually only enforced where there are complaints lodged, in populated areas where losers can't show a little respect for people. Doesn't matter how loud your machine is if theres no-one there to hear it.

i agree with you and where we ride its not like we take off from town in residential areas we drive to the staging areas and ride from there and the only time the sleds get loud are when your in the steep and deep and i have never seen or heard of someone complaining of a loud snowmobile in those areas but i guess there are a few that dislike it none the less.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if someones complaing about the nocie while out sledding then they should stay home...its like a piped quad only gets loud when your hitting the rev limter in the steep climbs or up to the racks in mud:beer:

depthcharger

Reaction score
if someones complaing about the nocie while out sledding then they should stay home...its like a piped quad only gets loud when your hitting the rev limter in the steep climbs or up to the racks in mud:beer:

The wildlife is also a concern...Do the animals need to stay home also?

depthcharger

Reaction score
I think what the Ministry of tourism is trying to do is implement some regulations to allow the our sport to grow and also be safer. If we persist on being irresponsible with regards to the rules they would like to put in place...who knows what will happen? Dont get me wrong, I dont mind the sound of a half decent can or pipes, but I also understand that these kinds of things will not be good for the sport in the long run.
They also mention the would like to open up trail systems between communities. An unecessarily loud machine in this case would be very detrimental to the progress of opening up more trails.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think what the Ministry of tourism is trying to do is implement some regulations to allow the our sport to grow and also be safer. If we persist on being irresponsible with regards to the rules they would like to put in place...who knows what will happen? Dont get me wrong, I dont mind the sound of a half decent can or pipes, but I also understand that these kinds of things will not be good for the sport in the long run.
They also mention the would like to open up trail systems between communities. An unecessarily loud machine in this case would be very detrimental to the progress of opening up more trails.
thats fine i have absolutely no interest in riding the trails

depthcharger

Reaction score
thats fine i have absolutely no interest in riding the trails

Even when your in a community that allows you ride from the hotel to the trail and up to the top of a mountain? Let me guess....you wont use that particular trail???? Anyway..,.whether you use trails or not, things are going to change.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=scrfce;622816]thats fine i have absolutely no interest in riding the trails[/QUOTE]

How do you feel about them (legislators) closing back country areas that you currently have access to & having them restricted to skiiers, snowshoer's etc?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
[QUOTE=scrfce;622816]thats fine i have absolutely no interest in riding the trails

How do you feel about them (legislators) closing back country areas that you currently have access to & having them restricted to skiiers, snowshoer's etc?[/QUOTE]

so let me get this straight,,,the noise from my aftermarket can is going to get the backcountry closed? give ur head a shake, that bit of noise over an already noisy stock machine will have or shouldnt have any bearing on that decision whatsoever.

and to answer your question i dont agree with the closures

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
IMO this will be the frist step towards the goverment closing riding areas. its going to be like the usa where you only have riding parks and must pay to ride,so between insurace and riding fees this sport could get really pricey for a family to enojoy. just my 2 cents. thinking a dual sport bike might be better

Snowdin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes why don't we just sit back and let the government and legislators bully us into another pile of regulated crap. :( I can see now the future of quadding /sledding slipping out of the hands of recreation enthusiasts because so many folks will just sit back and let it happen. Sheesh. :mad:

depthcharger

Reaction score
Yes why don't we just sit back and let the government and legislators bully us into another pile of regulated crap. :( I can see now the future of quadding /sledding slipping out of the hands of recreation enthusiasts because so many folks will just sit back and let it happen. Sheesh. :mad:

Did you even read the Ministry of Tourism information? They actually would tbe giving us less legislation by letting our OHV's use public road crossings. Those bullies hey???

Fallen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
sounds like the boyz with the turbo sleds are going to be in for it, most of the turbo 2 strokes are a straight pipe out of the turbo.

08summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try repacking the silencer, cheap and easy to do. I'm glad BC has the stones to try to regulate some of the yahoos out there, the helmet law can't come fast enough in Alberta. Just think of all the health care $ saved if we didn't have to deal with all those brain injuries from pinheads falling off their ATV's/ dirtbikes while not wearing a helmet.
As far as enforcing the laws go, all they have to do is set up at staging areas.

Try buying a set of earplugs and quit your whining....And if you are worried about health care money saved then maybe we should outlaw fat people as they are a drain on our health care system too. The government has too much regulation in place now...we don't need more.

winterax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try buying a set of earplugs and quit your whining....And if you are worried about health care money saved then maybe we should outlaw fat people as they are a drain on our health care system too. The government has too much regulation in place now...we don't need more.

The helmet I always wear does tend to keep the noise out, but its not me that will be shutting down areas because of noise, its those people working quietly behind the scenes that are going to do it. Maybe you should visit the rehab department at the Glenrose Hospital, your view on government regulations will probably change pretty quick when you hear the reasons why a lot of those people are in there. Yeah, I agree some regs are bogus, but if you can afford a quad / dirt bike you can afford at least a helmet that's going to keep you out of a hospital bed for 6 months, not to mention the $ and time your family going to have to spend once they send you home ( if you're lucky enough to make it home ). Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Top Bottom