Batteries....

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am looking for any recommendations, on new batteries. For my '05 6.0l Ford diesel. I still have the factory one's in it, but they are getting very weak.

Plus or, minus's. On makes please.

Thanks in advance.

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When it comes to batteries there are only three battery manufactures in the world. The one well known battery manufacture in North America is Exide, say what you will. To name a couple of brand names they manufacture for is Mercury Marine, CTR, East Penn, Blue Star, most OEM's. So if your looking for a battery- chances are in North America it will be a Exide battery your putting on regardless of the sticker is on the battery. Now yes there are some that do come from China to compete for price only. You can go to the dealer to purchase and your local Jobber store. If you live near the Edmonton area I would suggest going to Joe's Auto Electric on Yellowhead and Fort Road.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just a question....why would you suggest joe's auto?

Wingwalker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from Motomaster Eliminator batteries From Canadian Tire I'm on my second one in 2 years in my F250 and thats on its way out after 6 months

I put an Exide in my wagon that seems to be a good battery great starting on cold days whereas the eliminator in the truck hates it when its colder than -10

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hmmmmmmmm, east penn, is one of the largest battery manufacturer's in the world, and it is a family owned corporation, (unless something happened within the last year or two and they were bought out??)....it is not part of exide, last i knew, and they manufacture many off brands like napa, ford(motorcraft), canadian tire, mopar, and most of the other manufacturers..... Just sayin'

Octane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Optima batteries, never had an issue with one or had one die on me.

honda680manitoba

Reaction score
interstate batteries are nothin but the best. mine will still start in minus 35 weather without plugging it in

johndeereman346

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well qt for the longest time i believed in oem all the time but when my battery cratered in the first year i was pissed and a buddy recommended optima. I bought two for my truck and havent had a lick of trouble even in the week of minus 40 and 50 up in ft crack. lets say im sold on em.

Thunderr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is important to have the battery tested before you leave the store. I just purchased one at Crappy Tire and got a lot of attitude from the guy I was dealing with when I wanted it tested, reluctantly he tested it and it failed.
That changed his attitude.

Also important for dual battery setups is changing them in pairs. I've read that if on is going bad the good one will get over charged and toast it.

Duramax trucks seem to eat the passenger side due to high heat from turbo.

2 cents

jennepa

Reaction score
Exide makes for Canadian Tire etc-and Joe's Auto is a very reputable place honest and fair to deal with.

Cameo

Reaction score
When it comes to batteries, I ONLY use Rocky's.

I get treated great, for work or my personal stuff.
Robin is there to make friends, and happy customers, and life time relations. Not rich off the next guy who walks in the door.
He won't sell you what you don't need.

I will continue to deal with him as long as he is open.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey quadtrash that must be some pimpen sex toys ya got there 12 volts
wow talk about good vibrations:beer::beer::beer:

farmboy020

Reaction score
interstate batteries are the best it think. We have them in all fo our farm trucks and they never go dead it dont matter what happens. We have had them in all the trucks for atleast five years and never had a single problem with them.

General

Reaction score
I've nuked, OEM, Motomaster Eliminator, and yellow top Optima. Currently using Odyssey and they're on their second winter with no problems. Pricey? very much so. Worth it? So far so good.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well, I still haven't bought any yet. But I do appreciate all the input. It seems like the general conscense's is either; Exide, or Optima.

Top Bottom