backfiring

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
backfiring plus pictures

i just got back from taking my new to me 01 doo 800 out to west yellowstone 3 feet of pow, it has a 151 with a hps can, when id go to start it, it took 15 + pulls do get it to startn :rant: when i would go to start it id pull it over 5 or so times to get everthing loosened up and what not, then id start pulling harder to start it, many times it would backfire while i was pulling it and then id pull it over again and it would fire a few times and then the same thing, backfire, i havent played with the timing, any body got an idea???

Attachments

• west.jpg
    west.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 31
  • west 1.jpg
    west 1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 29
  • west 2.jpg
    west 2.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 30
  • west 3.jpg
    west 3.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 34
  • west 4.jpg
    west 4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: backfiring plus pictures

It sounds like your flooded. Might be a problem with your DPM. If it is happening all the time, check your carbs. If it is only happening at high altitude, check your dpm. Happened to me once. Started great at the bottom of the trail but whin i got on the mountain it would burp and fart. Try replacing your plugs and checking for spark.

boondockin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

It sounds like your flooded. Might be a problem with your DPM. If it is happening all the time, check your carbs. If it is only happening at high altitude, check your dpm. Happened to me once. Started great at the bottom of the trail but whin i got on the mountain it would burp and fart. Try replacing your plugs and checking for spark.

it only backfires cold and i've got good spark, Once i got it home and we started ripping it apart, the dpm is missing a tube on the left nipple bottom of the two facing out, and i cant blow or suck on it, next we got to the carbs they were good, then we pulled the reeds and they were fine, but as we were putting them back on we found out the rubber boots between the carb and the reeds had began to rot, little bit of probbing and we found that they were rotted all to hell and just started to tear open further, so i'm foing to replace the boots and im thinkin about putting on some v force 3 reeds, i'lll see what replacing those does

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

put v3's on my 01 summit 800,made a world of diff.better idle good responce in mid-range and cheaper than the stock junk doo sells

Top Bottom