B.C. risks return to severe pandemic restrictions

CJD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Salmon lakes, westridge to name a couple. Ride oasis a bit, that parking area is tiny and plowed usually. Foam is sometimes maintained, sometimes not. We dont have a ton of non maintained areas up where i ride, we ride them a bit, but all have parking lots for the most part. Westridge can be accessed from Valemount but i hate westridge, snow usually sucks compared to farther south. there is a few areas that can be accessed from Blue river that arent maintained but I have never been to them. Guess i shouldnt say lots of areas but I have ridden those areas lots

Everytime i rode salmon or foam I pulled into a plowed parking lot and rode a groomed trail. not sure how that qualifies as not maintained.

Bury Me With My Toys

Reaction score
We rode late into the spring, best riding I ever saw was February till mid May 2020. And where exactly are these RCMP members pulling over people who have Alberta plates, and what were the charges. I know many officers, they are not even aware of this happening by others. After reading that post, I called my cousin up, and asked what law they were making stops under, and what charges were being laid. He was confused by my questions, and said that he hadn't heard of such a thing happening.

Vipertonytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So have I and for 9 years before that as well, what does 3 years ago have to do with now???? Last march when this crap started they were pulling over every vehicle they saw with more than one passenger, ticketing if passengers werent from same household, restaurants all closed due to covid bull**** so werent open to serve anybody let alone Albertans, hotels closed, or went down to diminished capacity, no grooming, cabins locked up and parking lots not cleared. What part of that works for sled trips???? If the government shuts them all down, which is a very real possibility, then that sure puts a damper on sledding dont ya think. I have no house there, i know nobody with a house there so basically SOL, you comprende??? I was in BC this summer when **** was lifted and all good, it was fine, but good ol Horgan is gonna screw the pooch again and probably worse than last spring

Just curios and not being a dick but I have seen others post this that the cops were stopping and ticketing people going into BC. I travel back and forth to Sicamous from Edmonton minimum of twice a month. Did this all through COVID as well. Not once did I ever see a checkstop or even cops more than regular on the highway. As well my family and friends travel the same route, Cars, Trucks and trailers, trucks, groups of Bikes etc. Not once was any of us ever stopped or even looked at sideways. Not saying it didn't happen somewhere but just not seeing what you are saying.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary snowmobile Club at one time posted how to get around Golden without going on the number one through town. They were extremely biased to Alberta sledders for some reason.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Calgary snowmobile Club at one time posted how to get around Golden without going on the number one through town. They were extremely biased to Alberta sledders for some reason.

Following inline with Revy and the rest of the lower mainland???

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Talked to local RCMP about it and they said Golden detachment receives more complaints to head office than other dealership in western Canada at that time. This is was back in early 2000’s

canuck5

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Restricting borders within the country seems crazy it’s hard to think it could be enforced well but with NDP in full power in bc I now believe anything is possible the left leaning governments seem to go lockdown happy. Hopefully some of these targeted measures have some effect.

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Restricting borders within the country seems crazy it’s hard to think it could be enforced well but with NDP in full power in bc I now believe anything is possible the left leaning governments seem to go lockdown happy. Hopefully some of these targeted measures have some effect.
Gotta be some creative ways to get in.

Fly to the states, should still be able to fly to Kelowna.

Get the sleds on a semi.

Or better yet throw the sleds in the back of a van body truck and head down.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/mcm8Sc8f66o According to this guy lockdowns and masks don't do much.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Yep the east coast think they are doing awesome, at the expense of there economy, wait what economy, they love unemployment and handouts.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curios and not being a dick but I have seen others post this that the cops were stopping and ticketing people going into BC. I travel back and forth to Sicamous from Edmonton minimum of twice a month. Did this all through COVID as well. Not once did I ever see a checkstop or even cops more than regular on the highway. As well my family and friends travel the same route, Cars, Trucks and trailers, trucks, groups of Bikes etc. Not once was any of us ever stopped or even looked at sideways. Not saying it didn't happen somewhere but just not seeing what you are saying.
They had check stops looking for more than one person per vehicle on the outskirts of every exit out of edmonton last year in March and April, even parts of May, not everyday but anytime I went into edmonton I was dodging checkstops, got pulled over at one of them at the beginning of April, they grilled us on non matching addresses, we just said his wife kicked him out and he was living at my place for the last few months lol, cop was nice though gave us a warning, no fine, said dont be riding together. Heard the same around jasper, buddy got pulled over outside jasper in april, he was passing through on his way to kamloops for his kids b-day with his wife. So it does happen and sledding isnt worth that crap hassle to me thats for sure.

Last edited:

skegpro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You know any new Canadians we can get to drive the van body? They would never check him haha
No, but a problem that is easily solved.

Park at the cochrane petro can on the side of highway one.

Throw out a thumb.
Cash, Goat or Grass transaction.

Sled, or sled and truck in the van body. You may want to offer to drive.

Just need to steal a set of bc plates when you land.

Top Bottom