Axys 174 vs 165 G4

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They didn't make the fuel capacity less. They made the tank smaller because you could never fully fill it before. The previous volume capacity was great on paper and on the bench but inaccurate once installed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
They didn't make the fuel capacity less. They made the tank smaller because you could never fully fill it before. The previous volume capacity was great on paper and on the bench but inaccurate once installed.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

True... Couldn't near fill it without shaking the crap outta the sled....

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put on 1200km this winter Lenny and not once had to pack fuel, not once ran out, and only a few times seen the fuel light on, rode some deep snow and pulled long climbs as much as I could.. Standard fuel tank was more than fine.. Now maybe April riding starting a 8am and going to 6 pm might need more, but then your poo would as well

Not bashing , but one thing doesn't' take sense to me is the talk of G4 being a more turbo ready motor and chassis, and then putting a smaller fuel tank on it ????? We Ride with a couple boosted T3's and XM's and they are packing gas now and on deep days borrowing more, rightly so, takes fuel for HP. 2 buddy cans on the tunnel I guess, but then no storage bag. The thinking doesn't seem to be consistent to me.

by the way this is on the turbo impulse..

fredw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When one can make a pull in twenty seconds compared to numerous attempts and never end up making it.. Who do you think used the most fuel??

Cat man Doo

Reaction score
You can also carry two spare buddy cans and two bags as well if you wanted to as the gas and bags are stackable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

LennyR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Put on 1200km this winter Lenny and not once had to pack fuel, not once ran out, and only a few times seen the fuel light on, rode some deep snow and pulled long climbs as much as I could.. Standard fuel tank was more than fine.. Now maybe April riding starting a 8am and going to 6 pm might need more, but then your poo would as well

by the way this is on the turbo impulse..

I don't ride a Poo !!!! As I said, we rode with a few of them boosted, and every one of them used more fuel than stickers, Doo, Poo and Cat. 1200 Km's , must have been 20 days of 60 Kms. We do typically put way more miles on in our riding area, after Feb most days are minimum 100 and later in season 150 plus quite regularly. If you didn't pack fuel once, you didn't get far from the truck .

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I didn't have time to read the thread but we know the 174 doo lays an embarrassing smackdown on the current Polaris and the new G4 destroys the current doo 174. I know because I've tested it. So I guess we have our answer lol. And once the G4 is released in 174 it will just be embarrassing. All good sleds but the new G4 is a destroyer plain and simple the torque and response from that motor you won't find anywhere else

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to watch next snow season. The times that a doo might have an edge over the poo, my money would be on the yammi crushing the Doo. Maybe not.

Talking about tq and response, and building an engine for a turbo- no real mention of the Sidewinder. I wonder why?

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So- are we comparing factory sleds, or?? I love how guys who say 'my sled is the best' and then spend at least the sleds value in changing it.

It just never ends with the 'unbiased' doo guys. Add boost to an Axys... :rolleyes:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Who's all getting a new yammi? Bet they sell a ton if those side winders! Lol

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So do you guys then think BRP has made the motor turbo ready on purpose? Because I don't think they are building a sled's fuel tank based on what aftermarket turbo builders want?
No I think they sought to build a 2t with 4t reliability and it lead to making it a much stouter motor and in turn makes it better for boost but just as a side effect not due to a design objective.

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I suppose only those who want the most powerful, stock sled in the back country. Many people don't want that. The average person wants something that can do a little bit of everything... the G4 should be a good fit for those people.

Gee... didn't someone already say something like that??

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to watch next snow season. The times that a doo might have an edge over the poo, my money would be on the yammi crushing the Doo. Maybe not.

Talking about tq and response, and building an engine for a turbo- no real mention of the Sidewinder. I wonder why?

Nothing stock will touch the Yammi turbo at elevation. Not Poo Doo or Cat (even when Cat brings out the new motor), an NA 2 stroke will not have near the legs.
It's a tough choice for some one to choose a new sled nowadays. There are no bad or even average (or even good?)sleds any more - there are just great sleds - most are far far beyond the ability of their pilots.

Next year is gonna be a hoot in the big hills with the changes to the iron and the following year will be better when Cat enters the ring with a new motor and the following year will be even better when the fine tuning begins and..........

And as for the why no mention of the Sidewinder as a torbo built motor I pretty much think the mountain crowd knows how turbo friendly the Yammi is except for a short run of bad connecting rods which I belive has been corrected. Over 10 years of turbo success.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing stock will touch the Yammi turbo at elevation. Not Poo Doo or Cat (even when Cat brings out the new motor), an NA 2 stroke will not have near the legs.
It's a tough choice for some one to choose a new sled nowadays. There are no bad or even average (or even good?)sleds any more - there are just great sleds - most are far far beyond the ability of their pilots.

Next year is gonna be a hoot in the big hills with the changes to the iron and the following year will be better when Cat enters the ring with a new motor and the following year will be even better when the fine tuning begins and..........

And as for the why no mention of the Sidewinder as a torbo built motor I pretty much think the mountain crowd knows how turbo friendly the Yammi is except for a short run of bad connecting rods which I belive has been corrected. Over 10 years of turbo success.
Huh, well that's funny

I have seen a boosted viper and a stock t3 both crawl over this one same hill, and I mean crawl... Both very close to see speed

The t3 wasn't as fast forsure, but the t3 just kept going

So your statement isn't one hundred percent correct either

What I did see the as it wasn't all wide open to hit, was the viper having a hard time keeping under control

Where the t3 could weave it's way up ect and hit it

Top Bottom