avy pack for bigger guys

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone over the 6ft mark and on the chunky side of things, have any input on an avy bag that will fit properly(one the crotch strap won't alter your anatomy when you least expect it)?

Wilk INStheWEST

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone over the 6ft mark and on the chunky side of things, have any input on an avy bag that will fit properly(one the crotch strap won't alter your anatomy when you least expect it)?
The Vest. Not sure how big your chest is, but I'm a 46" plus all my gear, and I have some extra room in the vest for expansion.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am 6'1" 230. All though i like my ABS so much I sell them I don't like the crotch strap because of the plastic clip which I think is a weak link in their system. I have sewn some loops at both ends of some 1/2" webbing. You can make this as long as you need and I loop one end to a tab on the back of the pack and use the other end like the standard strap. 20150206_110542.jpg

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I'm 6'2" and 250lbs.... Gonna loose some soon :) .......... And the snowpulse highmark works great, and the crotch strap isn't a problem at all. Lotsa room for adjustments

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm a heavy fatass too, 6'3" 270lbs. I wear the snowpulse vest and still have a ton of room for adjustment in it.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
i'm not sure if you can do this, but what about making a few cheater straps....

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the problem i have with my snow pulse it the straps over my chest. the thicker part ends about arm pit level not the bottom of my rib cage like other back packs i have. specially if i wear a chest protector. the waist strap is always as loose as it goes but im only 6'1"

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the impact vest is a better way to go. you can load it up and it feels lighter when your wearing it. most of the time i forget its on until i get stuck and have to work a little. i keep the vents open in my jacket.

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haaahhaha, see it can be done :)

Off topic but i cycle 24 km a day, work out 30-40 min a day. Lost about 15 lbs from april to december. Between christmas and going to cuba (and their food sucks) gained her all back. Lol. Im fitter and my muscles and waist is smaller than last feb but same weight on lame scale!

Michael427

Reaction score
I'm 6' 300lbs and pretty thick in the chest and arms the only 2 I found that fit me and I tried them all on are the snowpulse vest and the BCA float throttle that came out this year. I went with the bca only because it was half the price. Very comforatable worn about a dozen times now and hardly notice it

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Off topic but i cycle 24 km a day, work out 30-40 min a day. Lost about 15 lbs from april to december. Between christmas and going to cuba (and their food sucks) gained her all back. Lol. Im fitter and my muscles and waist is smaller than last feb but same weight on lame scale!

Phewwwwww, dodged a bullet there! I was just gonna start doing that, but if I'm not gonna lose any weight I'll just get more horsepower instead. :couch2::rolling:

Top Bottom