Avi bags

Chump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what bags people are using and why You went with it over others. I want to buy one this season!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the snow pulse highmark. It is a nice comfy bag holds lots of stuff. I like the the snow pulse bags cause the use oxygen to inflate the bag.

GYMBRAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had one, sold it quite a while ago now, but now looking into buying another pack of some sort....new or used whatev comes first

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I love my ABS its super comfortable. Check out Norona's comments on post #9 (link below).
1) two bag redundancy in case one is punctured.
2) nitrogen wont freeze up.
3) love that the bags are behind me not pushing on my helmet or disrupting my field of vision.

You cant go wrong with any of the big three, ABS, SnowPulse or BCA. Its your preference and budget.

https://www.snowandmud.com/snowmobile-chat-14/best-avi-bag-78608.html#post1681899

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an ABS 30L last season for a great price. It's a nice big comfortable bag but it is heavy. It all depends on what you like to pack. I would prefer to be able to mount the shovel and probe outside the bag.

d mills

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an ABS 30L last season for a great price. It's a nice big comfortable bag but it is heavy. It all depends on what you like to pack. I would prefer to be able to mount the shovel and probe outside the bag.
X2.......

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curious what bags people are using and why You went with it over others. I want to buy one this season!
I have two snow pulses and they work real well I have the snow pulse highmark and my son has the one with body armor in it and it saved his ass this year when he got blown of the sled with some branchs, so if u do a lot of tree riding I would by the one with body armor.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got a Float 30, never been worn/deployed for $500, filled and ready to go.

hmmc

Reaction score
Hands down the snow pulse vest with armor works best for me. The armor is a real plus as well as the weight distribution of the vest is great on long days. I thought it might be hot in the spring but was not.

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got the snow pulse highmark. It is a nice comfy bag holds lots of stuff. I like the the snow pulse bags cause the use oxygen to inflate the bag.

X2 I have the same pack nice fit light and if I'm under I would rather be breathin air from the bag. Inflate it at the end of every season and it doesnt impair my vision or push my head forward. The bag basically puts you in C spine position. Kinda like that this does 2 things applies c spine and puts another barrier between you and say a debris impact hazard coming in behind your head and neck area.. JMHO cheers

m8welder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did abs come out with the carbon fibre canisters yet does anyone know?

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a add for the carbon canisters... and We ride ABS because you can change the pack part of the system, and because they have the most redundant/ reliable system. Any avi bag is better then not having one.

good luck finding what you are looking for

OOC ZigZag

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I saw a add for the carbon canisters... and We ride ABS because you can change the pack part of the system, and because they have the most redundant/ reliable system. Any avi bag is better then not having one.

good luck finding what you are looking for

Most according to whom ABS ?

Weirboondocking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most according to whom ABS ?
Its true that you have to use common sence when you are look at all the claims by every company but have dealt with them all and feel that I trust ABS's system the most. Thats not saying that the other systems are not good or reliable, I've just never seen ABS under inflate, or not fire when its pulled.

I trust ABS but would have no problem using other systems.
Also I really like the ABS Wireless Activation so your companions can deploy your bag.

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the Snowpulse Highmark 22 (and wear a tek vest), and my wife has the Snowpulse vest with integral body armor. Haven't had to use either, but both appear to be a quality product, and having a gauge on the cylinder to indicate state of charge is nice, too. I suggest to try a few models on to see how they fit YOU, as that was the deciding factor for us. All of them are better then no bag at all, but none of them replace common sense which is the most important tool when travelling in the backcountry.

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are approver in Europe but not yet here. I guess by the time they fly over the Atlantic they must change structurally:rolleyes:

Top Bottom