Avalanche Skills Training - AST in the Valemount Area

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey curtis,
what if a guy doesnt have a group, unfortunatly i dont really know very many people who ride... usually when i go i either take myself up in hopes to meet somone to ride with or i got up with one of the two two people i know who already have training?

I have some people that need the training done. If it works out you could join our group. Haven't made any plans yet with Curtis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -

mountainsledmania

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yea maxwell im interested i getting it done with whoever i just need to line up the dates and figure out whos going to get their training at the same time...
you should also consider giving me a shout if u ever have an empty spot on the trailer or deck as i want to ride but am limited in my trips west due to no one to link up with.

Depsnolvr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Folks

I have nd openin Feb 9-11 and a few more openings in March/April for AST courses.

My courses sizes are small and private to you and your group. Dates can be quite flexible, so please get your group together for a chat and plan to get some training done!

The most popular option this year has been the two 3.5hr evening class sessions immediately followed by the full field day.

Train as a group!

Attachments

• aDSCN3395.jpg
    aDSCN3395.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

SummitX509

Reaction score
Thank you Frozen Pirate for the great AST1 training. For you to accommodate my group with a custom schedule was by far the best option we all could of hoped for. You are a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ operation.

Class A service with knowledge to back it!!

I will be back to Valemount and giving you a call.

Great job and good times.

Therman

Reaction score
Thank you Frozen Pirate for the great AST1 training. For you to accommodate my group with a custom schedule was by far the best option we all could of hoped for. You are a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐️ operation.

Class A service with knowledge to back it!!

I will be back to Valemount and giving you a call.

Great job and good times.

I second that, Thanks for the awesome weekend and great instruction Curtis. You put on one hell of a good course!

Adam 442

Reaction score
Curtis taught our group this past weekend and it was awesome! You can really see his passion for the area and helping people enjoy it safely Thanks again!!

Catberg

Reaction score
Wow. Hard to top the summary from 509! We too took the AST 1 this past weekend with Curtis and his trusty man servant Will. We had a blast and were tested beyond our expectations. I am grateful to Curtis and his team for the passion they put into this training. This is my second time taking AST 1 and I must say that learning from an advanced mountain rider is a radically different experience than learning from a ski guide. After seeing a couple of fellows trigger a slide in morning glory that was plenty large enough to kill someone on a slope that we passed over earlier in the day speaks volumes to the value of this training for you and your riding buddies. Seeing my best friends and family members searching, probing and frantically digging for imaginary victims gave me a new perspective on making sound terrain choices while in the mountains. Thanks Curtis and Will for the world class training and Terry and Lisa for the as always outstanding hospitality at the Summit River Lodge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scotty2Hotty

Reaction score
Wow. Hard to top the summary from 509! We too took the AST 1 this past weekend with Curtis and his trusty man servant Will. We had a blast and were tested beyond our expectations. I am grateful to Curtis and his team for the passion they put into this training. This is my second time taking AST 1 and I must say that learning from an advanced mountain rider is a radically different experience than learning from a ski guide. After seeing a couple of fellows trigger a slide in morning glory that was plenty large enough to kill someone on a slope that we passed over earlier in the day speaks volumes to the value of this training for you and your riding buddies. Seeing my best friends and family members searching, probing and frantically digging for imaginary victims gave me a new perspective on making sound terrain choices while in the mountains. Thanks Curtis and Will for the world class training and Terry and Lisa for the as always outstanding hospitality at the Summit River Lodge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ditto! It was a great weekend! Curtis and Will did an excellent job, I am grateful for people like this that get so involved in the sport and advocate safety.

Top Bottom