ATV Area suggestions?

Six point

Reaction score
I'm thinking about setting up an ATV/camping trip for some of the guys at work.It would be family friendly,larger open area for group [possible 10 units] ,variety of terrain for different machines and skill levels [utilty,sport and mini dune buggies] ,preferably within 2-2/12 hrs from Edmonton. Random is OK and it would be on a regular two day weeekend .Any suggestions appreciated.
PK

Six point

Reaction score
Outwest is definately on the short list.Haven't heard of Southfork though.What's it like?A little further north I was also looking at the group camp at Brazeau Dam as a legit campground or maybe Medicine lake for random camping.Brule is OK but could be busy.Robb is another possibility,but our area south of town is turning into a strip mine. Heard about Long Island lake and Chump lake,not sure about the facilities or riding there. Anyone?
Thanks in advance
PK

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Outwest is definately on the short list.Haven't heard of Southfork though.What's it like?A little further north I was also looking at the group camp at Brazeau Dam as a legit campground or maybe Medicine lake for random camping.Brule is OK but could be busy.Robb is another possibility,but our area south of town is turning into a strip mine. Heard about Long Island lake and Chump lake,not sure about the facilities or riding there. Anyone?
Thanks in advance
PK

Outwest is very good, tons of trails of all kinds, ride right to your camp, quad wash on site and only about half hr. out of Rocky.
Southfork is random camping approx. half hr. south / southwest of Rocky (you would need some directions) it's alright as well, it can get pretty busy in the summer, often younger party crowds.
Another place to think about would be Saunders approx. half way between Rocky & Nordegg (random camp tons of space easy access) very busy on long weekends.
There are so many different places, it's hard to remember them all, anyone else with ideas??

atver

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The forestery trunk road south of sundrie has random and camp grounds .

Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
West of Caroline to Rig Street road or a little farther west to the south end of the Swan Lake Road and the north lots of Random camping wasn't that busy down the Swan lake road last summer. Tons of riding for all levels of rider ability

Top Bottom