Attn RZR Owners

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seeing as I just got my 2010 Rzr S LE.... I have a somewhat basic question...

When riding, do you run it in High? And only use Low when stuck?
How can i prevent excessive belt wear? As well, where can a guy go buy an extra one to have handy? Is there anything I should be carrying on the Rzr that I wouldn't have had while riding on my quad?

Thanks!
Hopefully when the weather warms up a bit I will see some of you out on the trails!! Can't wait to get this thing out of the garage......:d

Cypris

Reaction score
running in high isnt a problem until you see a muddy pit then go to low ive burnt up a belt already it more srews the thing when you try starting out after getting stuck if the gumbo is to thick it just puts to much strain on the belt and you will no it the smell is horrible.

Brute Force Boy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I pop mine in low when I hit mud holes, stretches of skeg or going over larger logs, the rzr will go through it all in high but it is hard on the belt.

As far as what extra to bring that you may not have on a quad, a snatch block may not be a bad idea as most quads only have a 2500lb winch and it won't be enough if you need a buddy to pull you out of a good skeg hole. :d

racerfromhell

Reaction score
Basicly, anytime you are doing any "slow speed" riding, below 30 mph, shift to low. There isn't enough fan speed to keep the belt cool when in high. It is way easier on the belt.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Spare belt, two 5/8" wrenches, a touques T27 screwdriver and starting fluid for the popped beads.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a ton of new and slightly used parts for the rzr if anyone wants for cheap. Including whole from plastics with small cracks or complete roll bars.

What is your rental fleet going to be comprised of this year Darcy?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
What is your rental fleet going to be comprised of this year Darcy?

Pretty much same as usual.Have some can-am product, not the commander though, can't get any till september. Maybe a couple more honda's to replace the sportsmans. I'm just accumulating a lot of rzr parts that are slightly damaged. I keep my units in new condition and every time a piece gets cracked it gets replaced.

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
She uses low range,,and slides across the bad spots to save on belt wear:eek:

Attachments

• 066.jpg
    066.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 204

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So the sales guy at cycle works told me to run my RZR in low 90% of the time. As I'm mostly doing trail riding anyways and not exceeding 30m/h.

True?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
So the sales guy at cycle works told me to run my RZR in low 90% of the time. As I'm mostly doing trail riding anyways and not exceeding 30m/h.

True?

FALSE!!! You can run the thing in Low 10% of the time. I change the belts on my rental units every 1000 miles whether they need it or not and trust me, these are obviously not an easy 1000 miles. Have never had a belt blown on a machine yet. You will know right away when its time to change a belt. It will jerk a little at a slow, low rpm take off in high gear but you wont notice the jerking in a low gear take off. The belts are easy to change like mentioned above. One thing you MUST do with these machines is change the front diff oil regularly, like every 30 hrs. It only takes 5 minutes to do once you know what your doing and I know I'll get bashed for this from the Polaris Gods out there but don't run polaris diff oil. Use 100% synthetic ATF in the front diff. Polaris does not own there own oil refinery and if you were to break down there diff oil you would find that all it is is syn ATF with a $12/L price tag. A diff change takes only like 250ml so its a real cheap insurance cause a diff is not a warranty item. Thats all I got for now. Drive the pizz out of it, they can take it. :beer: :beer: :beer:

Chrisco

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

True?

Kinda ya, It all depends on how you ride or what the trails are like that your on. Slow moving in mud or slow creeping in the skeg, YA LOW no doubt. Faster trails not much load rip in high, But when you come to the next hole (AND THERE WILL BE A NEXT HOLE) just slip it into low I wont take you long to get a handle on it. Most of the time in low deep bush but if she comes to a nice sweet fast trail if your not in high gear your buddy is comming around ya !! LOL at least that what happens when I go out with my buds LOL.

Drako99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So synthetic in the front. What about rear? And how often should a guy change his rear diff fluid?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
So synthetic in the front. What about rear? And how often should a guy change his rear diff fluid?

I stick to the regular manufacturers recommendation for the rear. It doesn't seem to take on water and such and stays quite clean...haven't had any grief. My rental rzrs see upwards 3000-3500 miles per season on them. They really are quite tough machines mechanically if the maintenance is done religiously. The bodies of the things however is a whole different story...don't roll one at high speeds unless you have Deep pockets :eek: it's a garage sale :rolleyes:

Top Bottom