ArticFX Sled Wrap Help

Newt04

Reaction score
Hey i just recently bought a brand new RMK with a Burandt ArticFX sled wrap. I got the wrap professionally installed, in a heated shop and yesterday during my first ride it already starting to peel and break off. One small sticker is completely gone. I paid $500 for the wrap and $300 for install so its a little disappointing. I was wondering if this is just to be expected with these wraps and I just have to suck it up? Or maybe a bad wrap or poor install. Anyone else have problems? This is the only picture i could get to upload but the other side its slightly worse.
IMG_20131229_142820.jpg

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son's having the same problem with a different brand of wrap on a different brand of sled professionally installed by the maker couple weeks ago. Not sure if the sled mfgrs are using different plastic or the graphics mfgrs are using different adhesive, but there seems to be something going on.

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you had it professionally installed then they should be fixing it and ordering you new pieces. I've installed a few of these now and never had an issue, I use the wet lay method with a heat gun and leave it in a warm shop for a couple day before heading in the cold, never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using

dropitbuster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed my HTR wrap myself and used 3M edge sealer and it has held up without any peeling. It seals the edge of the wrap (as the name says) and doesn't allow moisture of dirt to get in.

powderpilot

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you told Arctic FX yet? They might replace the pieces for you.

From my experience there is still a lot of trial and error with cold weather and high impact on printed vynil products. Keeping your sled in a warm shop for a few days after the install might have helped the vynil adhere better. There is also a product called rapid tac that can help as well as a 3m primer, but it makes removal really tough.

I hope the rest of your wrap holds up for you.

Top Bottom