arctic cat prowler any good?

arcticyam

Reaction score
ok isent anyone going to reply to this thred lol its been on 4 a long :beer:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can have their problems if you ride narrow trails.

For example

Prowler 1000 61.5" wide 1350lbs
Rzr-s 60.5in 1000lbs
Rhino 54.5" 1124lbs
Kawasaki 59.4" 1379lbs

Last edited:

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They can have their problems if you ride narrow trails.

For example

Prowler 1000 61.5" wide 1350lbs
Rzr-s 60.5in 1000lbs
Rhino 54.5" 1124lbs
Kawasaki 59.4" 1379lbs

I wouldn't worry too bad about the weights and widths. My wife runs a 6x6 Ranger, it weighs in at over 1400lbs dry, probably closer to 2000lbs wet with cargo and kids, and is over 5' wide. It's pretty amazing where that thing goes. We also ride with a couple of Prowlers, one 1000 and a 650. They do alright as well. It used to be that when a tree fell across the trail, somebody would cut a swath through it just wide enough for a quad, but there is getting to be a ton of side by sides out there, and the trails seem to be adapting to them. The Prowlers have lots of ground clearance, and teamed up with a descent set of tires, they go where you need to take them.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy's RZR with aftermarket wheels and tires is 55" wide....stock standard RZR is 50" wide.

As for the Prowler....I don't know much about SxS machines, but I do know we left a lot of Prowler green plastic and 1 CV joint on the trail one night trying to run with the quads. My buddy with the RZR hangs with the ATV's all day and beats up on them in many situations.

Last edited:

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what do you guys think of the arctic cat prowler?

there awesome, a bit bigger, but built like a 3/4 ton verses the 1/2 ton rhino/ razor/ kawi models..we sell and rent both.yamaha and prowler, the cats are definitly a heavy duty machine..

..n guess what they are on sale....

check out the web site for prices and give me a call i d be happy to go overthem with ya..

Terry

arcticyam

Reaction score
thanx to all who replied. when and if i move i want to get one i just wanted to know a lil bit more then i already know thanx peeps lol:beer:

hammerbike

Reaction score
thanx to all who replied. when and if i move i want to get one i just wanted to know a lil bit more then i already know thanx peeps lol:beer:
I purchased a new 2008 Prowler XTX700EFI from T&T Powersports in Bonnyville (780) 826-6121 and it has been a fantastic machine! I have about 1650 kms on it now and it runs, rides and performs great! I carry about 25 lbs worth of stuff in a tool box in the rear tilt box along with a 5 gal Gas can. I have the suspension on the softest settings front and rear. I built my own snorkel kit and sunvisor and I have a soft top, bed rails, 1/2 windshield, 3000lb Warn winch w/remote. Everything else (including tires) is stock. I recently had it 100 kph on a gravel road and rippin down the Iron horse Trail at 70 kph really shows how capable the suspension really is at soaking up the bumps, etc. It has lots of power from a dead stop to WFO !! I recently installed a snowplow on it too! There is nothin this machine won't do! I have played in some SERIOUS mud with it and used the winch a few times too! LOL I really like the stock radial tires because spinnin 'em is easy and in the mud I find that most of the time, wheel speed is key! I have thought about more aggressive tires, but right now the tires can be spun anytime, with a more aggressive tire I'm a bit afraid of hookin up and breakin something! I'm not a "balls out" rider, but the tires sure do everything I need, from sand dunes, to mud to plowin snow! I'm very pleased with my Prowler and they come with a lot of extras for less $, like aluminum wheels, radial tires, tilt wheel, etc.

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc248/hammerbike/08 AC Prowler 700/100_2418.jpg?t=1261449829

trailthumper

Reaction score
I have an 08 XT 650 Max4 Camo Prowler and and my brother has an 07 xt 650 and they are great haven't had any problems with it and it will pull anything even a few Rhino's from time to time it works great moose hunting:d

Attachments

• Chin Moose 2009 061.jpg
    Chin Moose 2009 061.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Chin Moose 2009 028.jpg
    Chin Moose 2009 028.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 68

ttpowersports

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
there awesome, a bit bigger, but built like a 3/4 ton verses the 1/2 ton rhino/ razor/ kawi models..we sell and rent both.yamaha and prowler, the cats are definitly a heavy duty machine..

..n guess what they are on sale....

check out the web site for prices and give me a call i d be happy to go overthem with ya..

Terry

you know u want one for christmas.,,,,,,,,,,,,

Top Bottom