Anywhere around edmonton to ride

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I wanted to break in the sled and put a few hours on it before heading to the mountains. Is there anywhere around Edmonton to cruise around a bit? I got about 6" of snow in the back yard, so I figure somewhere that has a trailer or field of some sort?? Thanks

NDTJ48

Reaction score
Hey Merc63 im looking for people to go riding with in edmonton then im also going to the mountains, im trying to find people to ride with if i can join in with you.

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NDT, pm me.

Neil, I have no clue on the legalities of ditch riding. Do I have to be outside the city limits and any highway ditch will work? I also need registration and insurance on the machine right?

Merc63

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a small search, everything I read said riding on the ditches of highways is illegal. You need registration and insurance unless you are on private land.

Looks like we need to find a trailer system around town, any suggestions?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes you will need insurance and registration. You can ride in sturgeon county, just stay north of highway 37. Also stay out of the fields this early.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did a small search, everything I read said riding on the ditches of highways is illegal. You need registration and insurance unless you are on private land.

Looks like we need to find a trailer system around town, any suggestions?

You'll need insurance and registration even if you're on a trail system, unless that trail system is on private land.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ride it in a ditch around Edmonton right now and you will break it all right!! Too many rocks and other random crap to ride around here right now.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Need Reg & Insurance to ride BC now too guys....... hate to be the bearer of bad news (no I don't) but it's there to CYA (Cover Your A$$). As stated prior, you also do need Registration Insurance AND a Trail Pass to ride Trails in and around the Edmonton area.

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I guess I don't get why a guy wouldn't carry atleast plpd on anything you own? For the cost of basic liability why wouldn't you

Guys bitch about it all the time! I agree with insurance for sure that's a no brainer! But the registration I am not a big fan of. If I drove it on the roads or highway then yah no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You mean you need a trail pass to ride the club trails in the area. Don't need one for ditch riding.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
to ride TRAILS in and around the Edmonton area.

buy the effing pass anyways, its $70 and it supports the sport.

YES, its amazing how in the last 15 years, the trail systems are really getting better in the Edmonton area. Westlock, Barrhead, Whitecourt, Athabasca, Ironhorse, St.Paul, Bonnyville, just to name a few. The $70 per sled goes a long ways now.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to ride TRAILS in and around the Edmonton area.

buy the effing pass anyways, its $70 and it supports the sport.
I would consider red water and bruderhiem trails around the edmonton area also. Plus the trails, while not many, around my area DO NOT require a trail pass. So yes there are trails around the Edmonton area. I ride from my garage all the time. I haven't bought a trail pass as there haven't been any club trails I have ridden on here during that time. I go to the mountains and pay 20 bucks a day in trail passes. If I don't ride them here then I don't need to pay another 70 bucks to do so. Same goes for everyone else. Plus the fact of the that club west of town now requires another pass on top of the asa pass.

plio7

GBCA Member
Reaction score
I would consider red water and bruderhiem trails around the edmonton area also. Plus the trails, while not many, around my area DO NOT require a trail pass. So yes there are trails around the Edmonton area. I ride from my garage all the time. I haven't bought a trail pass as there haven't been any club trails I have ridden on here during that time. I go to the mountains and pay 20 bucks a day in trail passes. If I don't ride them here then I don't need to pay another 70 bucks to do so. Same goes for everyone else. Plus the fact of the that club west of town now requires another pass on top of the asa pass.

Alberta beach club is west of town and closer than trail seekers and has 130 + Kms of trail. 70$ not slit to ask for access to all AB trails. I rarely ever ride trails also but spend the $ to support our sport

Top Bottom