anyone weigh a 2013 RMK pro yet?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem with that idea is they don't all hold the same amount of fuel, better to weigh them with all fluids full, but empty gas tanks.

popcorn popper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Only problem with that idea is they don't all hold the same amount of fuel, better to weigh them with all fluids full, but empty gas tanks.
Yes but we don't ride with empty tanks we ride full ready to go ! I weigh all sleds the same! My rt 1000 was 640 full but rarely got beat so weight may not be as important as one thinks? Only plays the operator out quicker. I just like to know where I stand in terms of weight.

nitro luke

Reaction score
alot of weight cutting since last year to lose 18lbs
The running boards are wide open but sharp as hell!

Last edited:

yammyboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my mind theres no point in weighing it with out fuel and the rest of the fluids the real reason to weigh sleds is to compare them and even tho some sleds carry more fuel doesnt mean that its not a fair weight it like saying the doos have 16 wide tracks so its now fair cause itll weigh more. They should be weighed the same way they are being unloaded off the truck at the hills. JMO

geo

Reaction score
The Pro feels lighter than it is too. I had my PC to within 25 lbs of last years Pro but when I took a Pro out for a day It felt 100 lbs lighter. It`s the chassis and weight distribution. Scales are one thing but how you feel at the end of the day is the most important to me.

Nothing beats HP (even if your sled is a tank) because by the time you install a heavy geared up rider onto your sled and add the packed in snow, the weight difference becomes much less on a percent basis. But, if you flop your sled back and forth 240 times an hour, by the end of a day you have to feel that extra effort from each flick LOL.

As for the sidehilling "craze", about 20+ years ago they started grooming the way to the top. The sleds got the goodies (tracks, gearing. etc.) that allowed any Tom, Joe, Dick, or Harry with enough money to get up into the bowls and alpine and poke at the hills and start the highmarking "craze". This left the premier areas in my neck of the woods track-packed by mid Jan. Now we had to carry an extra tank of fuel and head out at daybreak to get to the areas where we needed to watch out for helicopters telling us to get off their land.

I like virgin, so we opened up new areas but soon people were parked beside us when we returned and they followed our tracks into the new "honey holes". The answer was to never take the same way up through the trees and never park in the same spot for a least two weeks. I think this is called boondocking now.
Boondocking needs a sled that sidehills easy or a youthful body lol. The sled needs to move easy from side to side and climb up on the snow easily even without full throttle. It needs to SIDEHILL with little effort and hold a line with LITTLE EFFORT.
I've been able to do it with all my past sleds but the Pro just felt so much nicer. It was like i was 50 again lol.

Thank-you Polaris for making the lightest sled and making that sled FEEL light in powder as well. The Pro has allowed me to continue to sled what I like. Virgin powder and lines everyday. Those lines might be in the shade now but I love to step off the sled and sink up to my n**s to cool off and have a break. I don't know how far you can take this chassis but keep it up.

Sidehilling ability is very important to me. more like 50 nor 60% of my riding today.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
geo, I don't think anyone else can explain it better than you have. Great post !!

Done fishing. Let's go sledding !!

+SLEDWRECKS+

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Scaled a 2013 Pro at the shop today. Full of fluids, full tank of fuel,
Boost-It turbo setup w/ 174" x 2.5" Camo-x @ 575 lbs
IMG_2586.jpg

Jayxcr

Reaction score
I have weighed mine "13 pro 155 in my shop, because I was very curious as well. When I picked up from dealer it of course is full of oil and antifreeze and very little gas. I installed hps can, skid plate and handle bar extention. It weighs 427.9lbs wet w/o gas! Tried to bust Polaris but this thing is light! I have pics of this on my iPhone, need to figure out how to add those to this thread. I have a buddy with a"13 ski doo summit 154, and I'm trying to get him to bring his over to weigh. I will post results if he does.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really does it matter? I'm 25 lbs over weight. Sometimes I add 5 lbs of food a water to the weight total to transfer to my gut for safe storage on the hill. Its a good sled and so are others. Lets ride.

Last edited:

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really does it matter? I'm 25 lbs over weight. Sometimes I add 5 lbs of food a water to the weight total to transfer to my gut for safe storage on the hill. Its a good sled and so are others. Lets ride.

No it doesn't... not if you don't care (and there is no reason you should). It's just that this thread was started from that exact question... so I guess it does... here.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it does, and it did when the sleds were showing up too. Perhaps 4:20 is a better number.. LOL

No it doesn't... not if you don't care (and there is no reason you should). It's just that this thread was started from that exact question... so I guess it does... here.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So did you get your answer then? Lots of XM's about now but I haven't seen any numbers.

I had to look up your 4:20 reference. Not sure what you are referring to but what i've seen from those who have weighed polaris is that they are pretty close to claim. I could be confused, but rarely am.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I got the number. Want me to ask that this thread be closed now? Perhaps you can look around on a thread other than this and see the numbers posted for BRP>

This thread wasn't created with intention to start an argument. Go back and read it.

Quit taking everything to heart. It's an INTERNET forum.

So did you get your answer then? Lots of XM's about now but I haven't seen any numbers.

I had to look up your 4:20 reference. Not sure what you are referring to but what i've seen from those who have weighed polaris is that they are pretty close to claim. I could be confused, but rarely am.

Canuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya, I got the number. Want me to ask that this thread be closed now? Perhaps you can look around on a thread other than this and see the numbers posted for BRP>

This thread wasn't created with intention to start an argument. Go back and read it.

Quit taking everything to heart. It's an INTERNET forum.

Sorry, are you talking to me? You seem like an angry individual. I'm certainly not arguing, I simply stated that I was ignorant to your druggie lingo and was currious if you got the numbers you were looking for as you were the OP and recently stated that this was in important issue.

You shouldn't assume everyone is sarcastic or argueing as it's not always the case.

please settle down, this isn't good for my stress level.

Last edited:
Top Bottom