anyone weigh a 2013 RMK pro yet?

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Found a couple more weight numbers posted on Snowest, just info I'm not claiming the validity of the numbers.

2013 Pro, full of all fluids including 11.5 gallons of gas- 507 pds
2013 M8, full of all fluids including 10.6 gallons of gas- 559 pds

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
Mine is really light!
I can't belive how easy they are to work on now with the belt drive. You can have track, skid, and belt drive off in about 8 minutes. And no oily mess!

Attachments

• DSCN0990.jpg
    DSCN0990.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 518
  • DSCN0991.jpg
    DSCN0991.jpg
    246.6 KB · Views: 519

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mine is really light!
I can't belive how easy they are to work on now with the belt drive. You can have track, skid, and belt drive off in about 8 minutes. And no oily mess!
Cheater, cheater pumpkin eater!! Lol.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If there is a 60 pound difference I'll be shocked if you guys post the numbers. Polaris is the only manufacturer to try to gain an advantage by cheating? Snow tech magazine seems to find pre-production sleds that perform better than consumer models on a regular basis. I really have no brand loyalty, Suzuki bike, Seadoo, Yamaha quad, Polaris and Arctic Cat sleds on our family.
If your not brand loyal why all the bad feelings anytime someone says anything about the Pro's? Chill out? Lol.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And mike ill throw your sled on the scale but I'm not sure about getting all fuel out. Perhaps we should do both sleds chalk full of fuel oil and coolant since that's how they will be ridden anyways? Then from there its easy to calculate the dry weight based on weight of fuel,oil, coolant by capacity.

Because I really don't feel like draining all fluids from 2 brand new sleds lol.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the results.

I guess the difference between the sleds will be enough.

As for snowtech, amsnow, snowest... They are all sponshured by the big 4 so they would never ever say anything bad about anything..That's their bread'n'butter.. they only say that this sled has something up on the other model. but the other model has this, so their all even steven..LOL

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the results.

I guess the difference between the sleds will be enough.

As for snowtech, amsnow, snowest... They are all sponshured by the big 4 so they would never ever say anything bad about anything..That's their bread'n'butter.. they only say that this sled has something up on the other model. but the other model has this, so their all even steven..LOL

Good point. Even when snowtech did weigh ins last year they did a 2012 pro rmk then a 2012 freeride. Lol. They couldn't even compare apples to apples.

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And mike ill throw your sled on the scale but I'm not sure about getting all fuel out. Perhaps we should do both sleds chalk full of fuel oil and coolant since that's how they will be ridden anyways? Then from there its easy to calculate the dry weight based on weight of fuel,oil, coolant by capacity.

Because I really don't feel like draining all fluids from 2 brand new sleds lol.

Sounds good to me.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If your not brand loyal why all the bad feelings anytime someone says anything about the Pro's? Chill out? Lol.

I could care less what anyone says about the Pro, I happen to think it's the best mountain sled for me. All just banter, you must admit most of the bashing of all other brands on here comes from the Doo camp. I'm looking forward to the weigh in, both sleds full and ready to ride. Thanks Mike And Maxwell

Last edited:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
so now whats the weight of oil per litre, water per litre, and coolant per litre.... and then we will use the owners manual specs for system volumes to subtract.

CUSO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With the metric system, it's pretty easy.

1 litre of water is 1 cubic decimeter (or 100mm x 100mm x 100mm) and weighs one kilogram.

Gasoline is 0.737 kg/litre.

Ethylene Glycol is 1.097 kg/litre

Here is a weight calculator I found.

Last edited:

Mikew5j

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My sled pickup has been pushed back a day to Thursday. The truck it's on should be ariving at CW today. Maxwell, you know when you will have yours?

glassman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you Doo guys are a little nervous? I think with all the hype that polaris is creating with their advertised weights, that they are going to be pretty acurate. It wasn't too long ago that you couldn't get an advertised weight, because weight wasnt such a huge factor. Now it seems to be a deciding factor, in the mountain segment anyways. Cant wait to put all the weight talk to rest, so you doo guys can move on to the polaris belt, motor and chassis breakage issues that they are going to have.LOL.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm not nervous otherwise I wouldn't be offering up my scale. I know its going to be lighter. But there are many factors equally important as weight. I'm just curious how much lighter. Because its not 60lbs

Top Bottom