Anyone use a Skinz ARC system?

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of trying one on a boosted Pro this year. Like the idea of being able to couple and uncouple the skid on the go.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would like to try it but man that's a lot of cash to buy and you might not like it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My thoughts exactly! Thinking I will try the cable version. Only $1200 instead of the electronic at $2000

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price of those things I think a guy is better off putting a better skid under your sled. Put a Baker rear arm with some good shocks, or a Toms e-motion under it for the same price or less.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
For the price of those things I think a guy is better off putting a better skid under your sled. Put a Baker rear arm with some good shocks, or a Toms e-motion under it for the same price or less.

I plan on running fox floats evol rc2 this year all round and have ran fox Evol's the last couple of years. I like how this set up works in the trees which is where I do the majority of my riding. Going to a coupled skid doesn't give me enough ski lift here. I like the idea of the arc system just don't like the price tag.

deaner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I found if you get a good skid that is set up right you can get the best of both worlds. Different story if a guy is running a turbo though. I had my Toms skid dialed in just perfect where it would keep the skis down perfect on hairy climbs, yet the front end wasnt heavy. Took getting an adjustable limiter strap to get her dialed in.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be running the electronic version on my new turbo pro. I think it should work great and it will be nice to have the best of both worlds. I have a kmod on my turbo'd cat and its great for climbing but in the trees and sidehilling it can be a little bossy. Always trying to keep the skis down when you want the sled vertical

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ill be running the electronic version on my new turbo pro. I think it should work great and it will be nice to have the best of both worlds. I have a kmod on my turbo'd cat and its great for climbing but in the trees and sidehilling it can be a little bossy. Always trying to keep the skis down when you want the sled vertical

What gen KMOD do you have? Do you have the coupling block in the rear and what position is it set on? Do you swap it in the trees or just leave it on one setting? Thinking about using the coupler block in mine and trying to find guys how have field experience with it.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do you think that cable is going to work when your skid is packed full of snow? I think you might have some icing problems. The other scenario I see is when your riding through the trees is your hands are busy just hanging on then you have to fumble for the lever. The one video I watched he clicks it like every 2 seconds and how do your remember what position your in. I like the concept but I think it's pricy for what your getting.

SnowJunkie82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How well do you think that cable is going to work when your skid is packed full of snow? I think you might have some icing problems. The other scenario I see is when your riding through the trees is your hands are busy just hanging on then you have to fumble for the lever. The one video I watched he clicks it like every 2 seconds and how do your remember what position your in. I like the concept but I think it's pricy for what your getting.

This is my concern. Or pinching a cable that is run through suspension and by a moving track. The one advantage I can see with the cable system besides cost is the ability to know how coupled the suspension is based on the position of the lever. The electronic system is just pushing a button.

CatRyder88

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What gen KMOD do you have? Do you have the coupling block in the rear and what position is it set on? Do you swap it in the trees or just leave it on one setting? Thinking about using the coupler block in mine and trying to find guys how have field experience with it.

Usually ran mine on two all the time. The coupling block worked good i would recommend it

Dannyturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Really love the idea of being able to adjust on the fly, but I think I still will be going with a racers edge skid this year

Sent from my iPhone while drinkin a bud light

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
a friend of mine just runs a limiter strap to limit the rear arms on his boosted 163 to keep the nose down, non adjustable but works. Could try that to see if you like it more planted, then with skinz kit you can either stay planted or dangle the skis around on the fly.

Top Bottom