Anyone run an AR?

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, looking at getting into the AR platform and wondering if anyone runs one, and if so, what manufacturer, and where did you pick it up from? I would also be curious how you have yours set up as far as optics, etc are concerned! I'm leaning toward Stag Arms or Rock River Arms at this point...

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think canadiangunnutz.com will net you a few more answers than here.....

Had to try my first choice of forum ya know. I thought Albertan's loved their guns?? ;). I'll check it out, thanks for the tip!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a .308 r25 from Remington. I had to do a lot of massaging to get it to feed properly and reliably. With all the issues I have had from them I wont buy another one, nor do I recommend them. I haven't heard anything bad from either you mentioned. I ran a few different scopes on it and depending on what I was going to do with it would depend on what goes on. I really enjoy using Nightforce scopes but it depends on your budget. I have had good luck with the bushnell 3200 and 4200 scopes too if you are looking for something cheaper. There are some other low budget scopes that have come out in the last couple years that sound ok.

crazy newf

Reaction score
Just bought one last month 223 lots of fun got it at p&d in edm there are lots to choose from and prices vary From 700 to 3000 it's all what you want I just have open sights like most of my collection just got optics on one of my hunting rifles to hunt anything over 300 yards and you can get ten round ar pistol mags that fit ar rifles which makes it alot more fun I got mine through quester out of ontario found them Gd to deal with

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I checked out the Remington line and isn't completely what I was looking for. I have a Bushnell 3200 on my Rem 700, and it's not a bad optic by any means. I mean its no Nightforce, but it's a lot of scratch to get into those. As far as optics, I doesn't have to be long range capable, was thinking EOTec, or Aimpoint PRO. I might be willing to give Vortex a try too for something a big more long range.

Appreciate the insight guys.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What are you planning to shoot out to with it? If you are just going to 100m then a red dot or a 3x will be fine. Any further then a 5x15 is my preference. When I use a bushnell I have always bought the tactical version too. No screwing around for adjustments.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
While AR's are nice and cheap, look at Swiss Arms or XCR. Nice rifles without the restricted firearm hoops.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just bought one last month 223 lots of fun got it at p&d in edm there are lots to choose from and prices vary From 700 to 3000 it's all what you want I just have open sights like most of my collection just got optics on one of my hunting rifles to hunt anything over 300 yards and you can get ten round ar pistol mags that fit ar rifles which makes it alot more fun I got mine through quester out of ontario found them Gd to deal with

I was checking out Questar, seemed like a good selection. Yeah, I want to spend less than 1400, and preferably a flat top with flip up sights. I was checking out the site regarding the LAR pistol mags (10 round), being used in other firearms. That is an awfully interesting premise to seemingly bypass the 5 round centerfire magazine limit. The official position is that 'further use of these magazines on any other firearm (than the pistol they were manufactured for), is not regulated. Never would have thought.

What are you planning to shoot out to with it? If you are just going to 100m then a red dot or a 3x will be fine. Any further then a 5x15 is my preference. When I use a bushnell I have always bought the tactical version too. No screwing around for adjustments.

I wasn't planning to shoot out past 100 really. I hear you on the Tactical version. I bought the non-tactical 3200 and it is such a pain to take the covers off to adjust. Lost one of the covers already doing that. Next scope will have turrets for sure. I would go bigger than 3x9 for next scope, regardless of firearm. Would be nice for the 325+ meter shots.

Arma-Coat Finishes

Reaction score
Ruger SR 556E's are a nice rifle at a moderate price. I had a bunch come in last month. The Sig 516 piston driven rifle is the nicest for the money. I have about 30 on back order and have only had a few show up in spring (due to the mad rush buy in the U.S) And these are by the nicest AR for the money. You kind of get everything for 1800.00 ex:folding sights,piston,complete rail system, 1x PMAG. There are some others as well we can grab that are nice as well. The AR market is quite large ......you can spend days looking at all the offerings.

Jake jenkins

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
this is a rugar m77 stainless / Kevlar 30-06 ducks unlimited I got about 14 years ago . I think it fired about 50 rounds in total

Top Bottom