Anyone heard of any missing people/avalanche incidents in Elkford the past few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
Just wondering, I have a friend that went out Sunday to look for someone on the trails who apparently got hit by a slide, but she has yet to come back so I've been a little concerned.

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
I hope that they are all OK

Same, I wasn't sure how bad it was up there, but I really hope they are alright. :( Just wondered if anyone saw anything or could at least comfort me by telling me the conditions.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If anyone will know it will be Ferniesnow. He lives in the area and is active in all things backcountry. I will try and contact him.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have sent him a personal message as he is still on the forums and I don't have a phone number for him. Hopefully he is looking into it right now. I will let you know if I hear anything or he may contact you directly on this thread.

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
Thanks. =) Guess I just wait. Been doing a lot of that already.

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting the local RCMP?

Naw. Truth be told I don't live in the area, its just where my girlfriend lives, and she said she was going to go find someone on the trails who'd been hit by an avalanche then she'd be back, and has been gone 3 days now. I know she went with her father but I've just been really concerned something happened, but nothings been on the news, so that's why I was wondering if anyone was found/injured/lost. I'd really like to know if she's okay, especially it almost being Christmas.

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked again and Ferniesnow is logged off for the night. Here is the Elkford RCMP phone number if you want. It is 1-250-865-2232. They maybe able to give you some answers or check on your girlfriend. If that doesn't work for you Ferniesnow is usually online again early tomorrow morning and maybe he will respond. Hope it works out well for you. Good luck!

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
I just checked again and Ferniesnow is logged off for the night. Here is the Elkford RCMP phone number if you want. It is 1-250-865-2232. They maybe able to give you some answers or check on your girlfriend. If that doesn't work for you Ferniesnow is usually online again early tomorrow morning and maybe he will respond. Hope it works out well for you. Good luck!

Alright thank you so much. =) I'll probably give them a call in the morning, see if he responds too. Calling this late of night wouldn't make any difference. I hope so too....kinda ruin my holidays if it doesn't...

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nothing has been mentioned on the local radio stations from what I have heard either...

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
I haven't heard anything and there were no reports from riders that I know about new avalanches in the Koko Claims area. I have asked around for information from a few buddies but they have not responded yet.
Is that a good thing? She did say a slide came down and got someone, but I'd think of both of then disappeared someone would have noticed by now. (They go by the last name of Parker btw, I know she does anyways) Has anyone heard of any network outages either?

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that a good thing? She did say a slide came down and got someone, but I'd think of both of then disappeared someone would have noticed by now. (They go by the last name of Parker btw, I know she does anyways) Has anyone heard of any network outages either?
maybe she found a new boyfriend. Merry Christmas....

HidoriTsunadre

Reaction score
maybe she found a new boyfriend. Merry Christmas....
Haha, a couple of my friends suggested this already as a joke, but it wouldn't make us stop talking. I am beginning to wonder of they went to look for this guy in another area.

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Haha, a couple of my friends suggested this already as a joke, but it wouldn't make us stop talking. I am beginning to wonder of they went to look for this guy in another area.

make the call to the RCMP in Elkford, we were there on Saturday, but didn't really hear of much sliding.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Naw. Truth be told I don't live in the area, its just where my girlfriend lives, and she said she was going to go find someone on the trails who'd been hit by an avalanche then she'd be back, and has been gone 3 days now. I know she went with her father but I've just been really concerned something happened, but nothings been on the news, so that's why I was wondering if anyone was found/injured/lost. I'd really like to know if she's okay, especially it almost being Christmas.

If you are concerned ,PHONE the RCMP .It does not matter where you live,HOWEVER it might matter to the police if you can give them some info and report them missing if that is the case.........IF they are are overdo and you have not reported it to anyone,yet search on here for info i find this quite bizzare.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom