anyone have the new adjustable limiter for their 16 sled yet??

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well let me tell you it looks pretty weak, it only uses 1 limiter strap, the adjusting rod from the handle outside of the tunnel is plastic, I don't know about you guys but mines going back, im all for trying new stuff but im not boring big holes in my tunnel just for this cheap built mechanism to break.. you gotta see it.. I don't need problems in the hills..

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was kind of excited about this, better give one a close look before I decide.

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use the SLP one. Not near as fancy as the doo kit but it offers some adjustments.

sledrat403

Reaction score
Can you guys take a photo? Is it just the lever bracket that is plastic or the cam/mechanism that shortens the strap?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

dooin800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had a good look at one yesterday , it does replace one strap but the other stays in the skid. So when you are at full length you are using both it looks like. The piece that holds the strap ( cam) is spring loaded so there should be very little load on the plastic lever. The lever basically holds the cam from falling back to the long position. One down side is the one inch hole you need to drill into the side of your tunnel. I'm still a little skeptical but it might be alright. I'm sure they had the guys out here in the west run it through the paces.

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I installed it. Im not worried.

The 'weak' plastic part you see doesnt experience any torque. The short setting uses one strap yes, but i figure the short setting for temporary use. Also im not sure why t motions have 2 straps anyway. Maybe it was for this?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Top Bottom