anyone gone from m-chassy to yamaha chassy?

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how many of you guys recently went from a light 2 stroke chassy to a yammy chassy? what are your thoughts? would you do it again? and was the yammy boosted? can you drop a yammy 20-30 feet off a cornice and live?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
how many of you guys recently went from a light 2 stroke chassy to a yammy chassy? What are your thoughts? Would you do it again? And was the yammy boosted? Can you drop a yammy 20-30 feet off a cornice and live?

nobody.... Cause you cat guys are diehards........ Don't let us down now....................... I'm still a doo guy, and you know that. Doo has a "big" 4 stroker that really likes turbos, that will be big next year, so i'm the wrong guy to be posting here, but hey, you asked................... The yammi has it way big time over a 2 stroke cat anyday of the week........... Have you ever driven a turbo yam???? That in itself would sell you on the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think you could be the next mike irmen??????????????????????

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
nobody.... Cause you cat guys are diehards........ Don't let us down now....................... I'm still a doo guy, and you know that. Doo has a "big" 4 stroker that really likes turbos, that will be big next year, so i'm the wrong guy to be posting here, but hey, you asked................... The yammi has it way big time over a 2 stroke cat anyday of the week........... Have you ever driven a turbo yam???? That in itself would sell you on the idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just think you could be the next mike irmen??????????????????????

I have ridden a turboed apex, low boost, it was not bad. I got it stuck and swore my ass off trying to get it turned around. Needed more boost.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i have ridden a turboed apex, low boost, it was not bad. I got it stuck and swore my ass off trying to get it turned around. Needed more boost.

apex = old school............. You haven't ridden a nytro yet???? Hmmmmmmmmm maybe, just maybe, nytronyte will let you ride his???? I rode whitecourt yammies demo last year and my 1000 couldn't even "touch" what that friggin' turbo could dooo. Why doo you think all the "big name" riders are on nytros nowadays?? And not "kat, turbos".....??????????????? Mr. Coops, i know you, and you're smarter than that........ Just gotta take the jump to the "blue" side and go state side, and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you waaaaaaaaant it!

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
apex = old school............. You haven't ridden a nytro yet???? Hmmmmmmmmm maybe, just maybe, nytronyte will let you ride his???? I rode whitecourt yammies demo last year and my 1000 couldn't even "touch" what that friggin' turbo could dooo. Why doo you think all the "big name" riders are on nytros nowadays?? And not "kat, turbos".....??????????????? Mr. Coops, i know you, and you're smarter than that........ Just gotta take the jump to the "blue" side and go state side, and you won't be disappointed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You know you waaaaaaaaant it!

I tried raspberries nytro at yammy days last year, nice ride, definatly need boost. All the big name riders you speak of don't drop cornices or jump there sleds around much or at least if they do you never see on vid nor in person. They are the answer for chute running, but that is not my style, although I will take a stab at the odd one once in while. I was hoping some of the guys on here had made the switch and have some input. not just die harder 2 strokers throwing in there opinion nor just patriotic yammy fanatics telling everyone that yammies are the answer. I want as candid info as I can find. making the switch will not be cheap, cause I can't ride a stock yammy, I'll snoshoe for a season and save before that happens LOL.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Mr. Coop........... You don't know rene???? He gots the turb yam, but likes dooin' the 150' drops more than shootin' the shoots......... If'n i had the moneies, i'd be in a turb yam in a heartbeat. Could boondock, climb, drop, whatever ya wantin' ta doo..... You know that........ Only matter of time and you will be dooin' the turb yam, or maybe the new doo turb 4 stroker!!!! Over 500hp so far.....

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
.....Why doo you think all the "big name" riders are on nytros nowadays?? And not "kat, turbos".....??????????????? ....

uuummmm.....

Brad Story rides a Cat turbo.......M1200

he also rides a Nytro too though. So maybe the best riders are on Cat Turbos and Nytro's... :d

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a CR custom M chassis to an Apex turbo, wouldn't go back if I got a free cat. lol Build yourself a Nytro, you wont regret it.

Have seen guys huck good size cliffs on Yamis. Rene drops his Apex turbo off of Cornices too.
:beer::beer:

AA

raustincat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
chris burandt also rides cat turbo... from most of the vids that i watch i see a ton of doos a few yami's and a few cats.... i wouldn't go as far as saying " most of the top end riders ride yami's" i'd put money on it that there are more top end riders riding doos than yami's but hey what do i know

im a cat guy... i've only riden an apex on juice... juice was all out already cuz the owner doesn't let his finger off it.... i was actually really impressed at how it felt.... power was brutal but if u boost it u will obviously be fine in that department. i never got stuck but i could only imagine... i get my M trenched and i get swearing with that thing.... not to mention adding a few hundred lbs and try again

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well I know Koby and AA read and understood the question................SumRic didn't:confused::d:eek:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
good to hear some of you have switched and not regreted it. I need to make a decision quick, first ride is on nov 5th and want to have whatever it is I am riding for the season ready to go that weekend.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Another point that must be made when comparing machines...is remember SUMRIC who your using for comparision.....if Fuji, NM, Irmen, and so on got on your RT1000 and you jumped on their Turboes Apex's then the RT would be the sled to buy after all was said and done...because I suspect they would whoop you on your sled.

Mr Coops we have both and to be truthfull they both have benefits in certain situations. But I get the impression your into the big steep so a Apex is in your future......they torque back up the fastest when you have to chop off and chop back on....at least on the bunny hills I used to climb:d

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your money Kerri, you can't afford not to.:d Build the Apex or Nitro and keep the Cat. Take them both to the hills and get the true compairison. If you need some one to ride one or the other while you are compairing them, I guess I could ride either one. I not really fussy.:p:beer:

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With your money Kerri, you can't afford not to.:d Build the Apex or Nitro and keep the Cat. Take them both to the hills and get the true compairison. If you need some one to ride one or the other while you are compairing them, I guess I could ride either one. I not really fussy.:p:beer:

Good answers are hard to find and Good Friends are even harder to find.
You got both......I would do exactly as stated by cey800

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I am trying to swing both, but with our dollar crashing its getting harder to do. My plan was to keep the m7t and try a big boost nytro and get rid of the one I liked least, cuz I really enjoy the m7t I just can't get past thinking I am missing out on something. My luck I would get the yammy, ride it, not really like as much as the m7t and end up rolling it down some chute and wrecking the one I didn't want to keep. hopefully i can sort this thing out. More input from snow and mudders will be appreciated.

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used to bleed green, this is my third season on my Apex, best part is, its never been towed or lifted off the mountain.

Doc Zoom has a sweet sled for sale, if your looking for the full deal, ton of $$$ invested in that one, cant build for what you could buy from him.

And SICK STFU

ballsout

Reaction score
Question what are the riders you ride with riding? If they're all riding 600's and you show up on a turbo'd nytro, you'll be on the outs sooner than later.

For example, us old dogs on 800 stock doo's just role our eyes at the guys on juiced up yammies or nitrous fed or turb'd two strokes when they try to ride with us.

Those sleds are in a different league and it will take all the competition out of a good days riding IF your regular fellow riders are all in a league below you.

If your group is all riding turbo'd and juiced sleds, then get yer ass into the dealership and keep up with the big boys.

No two selds are exactly the same, but when a 800 doo goes further up the hill than another 800 doo, there is a reason to claim that skill was involved.

when a turbo'd yammie goes further up the hill than a stock doo goes up the hill, no claim of skill or riding ability can be made by the yammie rider.

Now if you buy a turbo'd yammie and some ole dog on a stock doo goes further up the hill you, well I think we all know what time it is hahaha

My point is that if you're running 250 or 350 hp, there is no fun in riding with the 150hp guys. and to me the freindly competition of riding with guys with similar level machines makes it more fun for me to be on a stock 800 doo than it does to be on a turbo'd or nitrous fed sled.

If all my buddies rode turbo'd or nitrous fed sleds, then I am quite sure I would be as well.

RIP N' TEAR

Reaction score
Apex vs Nytro I perfere the stability of the Apex, but the Nytro is easier to throw around just a little twitchy at times. I had the choice last year to build either sled and still went with the Apex. Both sleds jump really well also, so don't be afraid to air them out they do just fine.

GRD

Reaction score
Question what are the riders you ride with riding? If they're all riding 600's and you show up on a turbo'd nytro, you'll be on the outs sooner than later.

For example, us old dogs on 800 stock doo's just role our eyes at the guys on juiced up yammies or nitrous fed or turb'd two strokes when they try to ride with us.

Those sleds are in a different league and it will take all the competition out of a good days riding IF your regular fellow riders are all in a league below you.

If your group is all riding turbo'd and juiced sleds, then get yer ass into the dealership and keep up with the big boys.

No two selds are exactly the same, but when a 800 doo goes further up the hill than another 800 doo, there is a reason to claim that skill was involved.

when a turbo'd yammie goes further up the hill than a stock doo goes up the hill, no claim of skill or riding ability can be made by the yammie rider.

Now if you buy a turbo'd yammie and some ole dog on a stock doo goes further up the hill you, well I think we all know what time it is hahaha

My point is that if you're running 250 or 350 hp, there is no fun in riding with the 150hp guys. and to me the freindly competition of riding with guys with similar level machines makes it more fun for me to be on a stock 800 doo than it does to be on a turbo'd or nitrous fed sled.

If all my buddies rode turbo'd or nitrous fed sleds, then I am quite sure I would be as well.

Well said!:beer:

Top Bottom