anyone gone from m-chassy to yamaha chassy?

Scotty

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:d
Question what are the riders you ride with riding? If they're all riding 600's and you show up on a turbo'd nytro, you'll be on the outs sooner than later.

For example, us old dogs on 800 stock doo's just role our eyes at the guys on juiced up yammies or nitrous fed or turb'd two strokes when they try to ride with us.

Those sleds are in a different league and it will take all the competition out of a good days riding IF your regular fellow riders are all in a league below you.

If your group is all riding turbo'd and juiced sleds, then get yer ass into the dealership and keep up with the big boys.

No two selds are exactly the same, but when a 800 doo goes further up the hill than another 800 doo, there is a reason to claim that skill was involved.

when a turbo'd yammie goes further up the hill than a stock doo goes up the hill, no claim of skill or riding ability can be made by the yammie rider.

Now if you buy a turbo'd yammie and some ole dog on a stock doo goes further up the hill you, well I think we all know what time it is hahaha

My point is that if you're running 250 or 350 hp, there is no fun in riding with the 150hp guys. and to me the freindly competition of riding with guys with similar level machines makes it more fun for me to be on a stock 800 doo than it does to be on a turbo'd or nitrous fed sled.

If all my buddies rode turbo'd or nitrous fed sleds, then I am quite sure I would be as well.

I agree with everything you said, fore the most part :) But WAY to Dooish??!! Wow... Great point but go easy on the DOO thing... It came across a bit strong. :) Doo you have something against Cats and Yammy's?? :d;) Just kidd'n of course :d

:d:beer::d:beer:

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Question what are the riders you ride with riding? If they're all riding 600's and you show up on a turbo'd nytro, you'll be on the outs sooner than later.

For example, us old dogs on 800 stock doo's just role our eyes at the guys on juiced up yammies or nitrous fed or turb'd two strokes when they try to ride with us.

Those sleds are in a different league and it will take all the competition out of a good days riding IF your regular fellow riders are all in a league below you.

If your group is all riding turbo'd and juiced sleds, then get yer ass into the dealership and keep up with the big boys.

No two selds are exactly the same, but when a 800 doo goes further up the hill than another 800 doo, there is a reason to claim that skill was involved.

when a turbo'd yammie goes further up the hill than a stock doo goes up the hill, no claim of skill or riding ability can be made by the yammie rider.

Now if you buy a turbo'd yammie and some ole dog on a stock doo goes further up the hill you, well I think we all know what time it is hahaha

My point is that if you're running 250 or 350 hp, there is no fun in riding with the 150hp guys. and to me the freindly competition of riding with guys with similar level machines makes it more fun for me to be on a stock 800 doo than it does to be on a turbo'd or nitrous fed sled.

If all my buddies rode turbo'd or nitrous fed sleds, then I am quite sure I would be as well.

The guys I ride with on a usuall basis are running, carbon fibre RT1000 (Randy), Titanium chassy m8 turbo (ryley), Turbo m1200 bdx (nuely), carbon fibre turbo 1200 (jeff), dd m1200 on juice (kris) and a couple of stock doo doos for moral support LOL! Anyway I am on a tm7, the little guy on the block, the group I ride with all despise 4 strokes and to now have probably been the reason I have not swithed. I really enjoy the nytro and would love to try one for a season, and if the stars align in the next 2 weeks I will be sportin' a 22lb stage 3 nytro (keepin my fingers crossed). If nothing else I will force myself to learn to ride it just to piss my buddies off! roo the day they ever made fun of the fourstrokes. Then again if the stars don't align and I am riding the little seven that could again, well fourstrokes SUCK!!! LOL (just kidding?????)

IMSICK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
backcountryrebels.com
why would they despise 4 strokes? How do you despise something you never did? Why would someones opinion be the deciding factor on what you ride?

Ride what you want...... and learn how to ride it.

snotterite

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
why would they despise 4 strokes? How do you despise something you never did? Why would someones opinion be the deciding factor on what you ride?

Ride what you want...... and learn how to ride it.[/quote

:bow::bow::bow:.............................priceless even for a Creep

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Ride what you want...... and learn how to ride it.

Well, for starters there sure are a lot of spare parts kickin around the trailer when you need them. 5 guys running simular turbos=lots of advice for set-up and tuning/maintanance. These are all besides the point, they have all tried fourstrokes at one point or another, never gave them a fair chance. I want to, so lets leave the thread open for those who have ridden the nytros after a light weight sled to share there experiences and advice, This way I can be the lemming and feel good about myself LOL!

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I went from a polaris to yammy 3 seasons ago. Best move i ever made. Sled jumps better, lands smoother and overall just handles way better. When your riding it the weight isn't an issue, just gotta be smarter when you do stick it deep as that's when you know there's extra pounds.I haven't boosted mine yet, but it's coming eventually, want to try one first. The thing I like best is it's reliable and economical. No issues yet, couldn't say that when I was riding a 2 stroker, never got a full season out of one ,always broke something in the engine.
There's a reason the yammies have always weighed more, it's because they are built better. A sacrifice I'll make to ride.

Attachments

• 100_1507.jpg
    100_1507.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 45

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree w/ CR500 for the most part. I switched form the older style couch sled to the Apex. I had to re-learn how to ride!! I don't really notice the weight when riding but I don't like getting it unstuck. But, as the saying goes........ "Work smarter, not harder!". I love to jump (not the 100' cliffs & monster gap stuff) and this sled is as easy jump as anything else I've ridden that is a long track. One thing to keep in mind while you choose what you want is (as everyone can attest to) the durability issue & the ease of gas-n-go. When you do boost it, you will still have that phenominal dependability!!! Oh, I almost forgot the ability to watch everyone else labor away starting their sleds while you step up to the Yami and turn the key and vrooom your runnin', just priceless! :) I have ridden other new Cats and while they are a great sled, I generally can't wait to get back to my heavy Yamaha. Good luck in making your decision and cheers!:beer:
P.S. I like your vid you posted of riding last year! Makes me wanna ride! Thanks!!

Attachments

• 177.jpg
    177.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 092.jpg
    092.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 39

Adrenaline Addiction

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree w/ CR500 for the most part. I switched form the older style couch sled to the Apex. I had to re-learn how to ride!! I don't really notice the weight when riding but I don't like getting it unstuck. But, as the saying goes........ "Work smarter, not harder!". I love to jump (not the 100' cliffs & monster gap stuff) and this sled is as easy jump as anything else I've ridden that is a long track. One thing to keep in mind while you choose what you want is (as everyone can attest to) the durability issue & the ease of gas-n-go. When you do boost it, you will still have that phenominal dependability!!! Oh, I almost forgot the ability to watch everyone else labor away starting their sleds while you step up to the Yami and turn the key and vrooom your runnin', just priceless! :) I have ridden other new Cats and while they are a great sled, I generally can't wait to get back to my heavy Yamaha. Good luck in making your decision and cheers!:beer:
P.S. I like your vid you posted of riding last year! Makes me wanna ride! Thanks!!

One thing for sure is, you'll have the best tow sled out there. M/CR10 a must tho for any tbo sled.

WRK

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks to all for the input, I am kneck deep now and no looking back. My deal on a 2008 Stage 3 MPI supercharger 22lbs has went through. It has 300 miles, timbersled rear with 162" track, fox floats up front, raptor blow off kit, cold air intake kit, avid drivers, and aftermarket clutch kit. It aint no turbo, but I am not planning on running mile long chutes, so it should be OK. Can't wait to try it, kinda feel like I did the time I cheated on my girl friend in college though LMAO!!! it was not my fault???

TomKat72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well thanks to all for the input, I am kneck deep now and no looking back. My deal on a 2008 Stage 3 MPI supercharger 22lbs has went through. It has 300 miles, timbersled rear with 162" track, fox floats up front, raptor blow off kit, cold air intake kit, avid drivers, and aftermarket clutch kit. It aint no turbo, but I am not planning on running mile long chutes, so it should be OK. Can't wait to try it, kinda feel like I did the time I cheated on my girl friend in college though LMAO!!! it was not my fault???

Congrats MRCOOPS!!!!!!!:party: Please let me know how the supercharger performs for you. I have thought about going that way but still undecided.....

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Why doo you think all the "big name" riders are on nytros nowadays?? And not "kat, turbos".....???????????????

Hmmmmmm........no "kat turbos"?

Brad Story TM1200, Shawn Hastings TM8, Dan Davidoff TM8, Kyle Philpot TM1000 (OK he's not "big name" yet, but he pulled one heck of a first accent on "The Hurdle" in TS7!), Shain Stanger TM1000, Mark Messenbrink TM8........and that's just from one "big name" video!

Anyway, back to the original question. My son tried both (with turbo's) before he decided what he wanted. Opted for the TM1000. Said it just didn't "feel" as heavy and was easier and more fun to ride......and he rides hard. That was compared to an T-Apex though. The Nitro wasn't out yet so he might have a different opinion after he rides one of those.

I rode both in stock form and wouldn't take either over my M7. It's all about personal preference.

Top Bottom