Anyone ever buy from Repo.com?

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any good/bad stories about dealing with them.

there units seem cheap but they do not include safety or any repairs so there can be suprises.

Also a lot of their vehicles are repos or financed at high rates, so the people who finance at high rates and get there cars repo'd dont usually keep very good care of the vehicle so there is a reason some stuff is cheap.

what are ya looking for? I know someone in the bizz if ya need something specific.:beer:

also some of there units have had previous paint repairs, just ask they have to disclose,, otherwise should be all good...

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A guy I worked with bought a Chev Avalanche from there, seems to be good, its been a year now

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you mean the outfit out of Calgary, then I have. I picked up my Arctic Cat from them in June and am pleased with both the machine and the people running the business.

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been browsing that site every so often,.. IMO some of the vehicles seems to be a little high in price. I did find a couple vehicles that I was interested in but it's a little ways for me to drive to just look.

Another place in Calgary I have been taking a look at is regalauctions.com, not sure how they are.

ram4tow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have been browsing that site every so often,.. IMO some of the vehicles seems to be a little high in price. I did find a couple vehicles that I was interested in but it's a little ways for me to drive to just look.

Another place in Calgary I have been taking a look at is regalauctions.com, not sure how they are.

i agree with some of the trucks and such that are more than you would see in kijiji or the autotrader.. seems to be more so the ford diesels that are overpriced compared to the rest of the market. just my opinion tho.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, some of the prices are stupid. They have to recover what the bank is owed. I looked at the sleds back in June and the only one worth buying was the KingCat. The others were damaged too much to justify buying. I took it home for 2700. I had to put on a 162 track that I found on this site for 350. Only other cost is 2 spare belts and spark plugs. I think I am way ahead on this purchase. They do offer a free 90 day powertrain warranty.

Last edited:

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can get something for a real low price, I can see it being worth it even if you have to put money into it. Might even be ahead if you can ride it for a year then sell it for more than your paid.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you can get something for a real low price, I can see it being worth it even if you have to put money into it. Might even be ahead if you can ride it for a year then sell it for more than your paid.

I think this Kitty is going to be a keeper. It did not come with a speedo from the factory, so I don't know how many miles I have put on it. It is a very nice machine to ride. Not too bad on fuel. Climbs better than I do and the power is fantastic.

GasCan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.oldgasolinesigns.com
My office is right across the street from them. I've walked in a few times to look at stuff but it's often priced higher than market value due to someone financing it and not making their payments. There is the odd deal that squeaks through there, but for the most part, their out to lunch on prices or the stuff is beat to crap. Gotta watch what you buy there.

As for the auctions at Regal, same rule applies. Auctions can sometimes have great deals, but often you never know what you've bought until you drag it home. If at regal, go a few days before the sale and ask for the keys to check out the item you're looking at. Also best to take a mechanic with you if you don't know what stuff is. I bought a camper there recently and flipped it a couple weeks later for a 6K profit. Bought it well and sold it first day listed. Been burned before too!

Top Bottom