Anyone else want to see a factory 155 3" from Polaris?

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Any reason you like the 5.1. I think they suck, I think a harder rubber compound would hook up better

Ya the little "tits" on the 5.1 aren't necessary for only mountain riders. I found they aren't to helpful in marginal snow or prairie riding either. If they were to do a 3" just make it solid, as most guys are looking for a true mountain track from a 3" paddle anyway.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride allover, more around home than in the mountains. I just feel like the Polaris track folds over and spins out when your on hard the gas rather than bite into the snow.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride allover, more around home than in the mountains. I just feel like the Polaris track folds over and spins out when your on hard the gas rather than bite into the snow.

Exactly what I meant. Feel like they tried to do a happy medium between deep snow and marginal snow. That being said the the pro-x track is incredible for trails, so why wouldn't they just stick to a full on mountain track for the Pro-RMK...

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I owned a '12 Pro, before owning my current '13 Pro. The chassis is great, and works, but the rest of the machine in my eyes is very cheaply made.

Instead of offering a new track, I really wished Polaris would fix there **** ups. Build a new drive shaft. Pick a fix kit for the engine, and run it from factory. Figure out why the lower pully is breaking the bolt. These problems have been known for a couple years, and old stock should be used up. The fact they are still building this crap and relying on bandaids is a real piss off for me.

A new 3" track would be great, but I think it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist, or isn't at the top of the too doo list.

• Love
Reactions: M1K

M1K

Reaction score
I owned a '12 Pro, before owning my current '13 Pro. The chassis is great, and works, but the rest of the machine in my eyes is very cheaply made.

Instead of offering a new track, I really wished Polaris would fix there **** ups. Build a new drive shaft. Pick a fix kit for the engine, and run it from factory. Figure out why the lower pully is breaking the bolt. These problems have been known for a couple years, and old stock should be used up. The fact they are still building this crap and relying on bandaids is a real piss off for me.

A new 3" track would be great, but I think it's fixing a problem that doesn't exist, or isn't at the top of the too doo list.

Fully agree!!! Using a cheezy clamp on the driveshaft...cmon Polaris is that the best your engineering department can do? We have a few different fix it kits avail for the engine that work really well...I know I'm running the RKT pistons and the sled runs waaaay better than new, needed to throw more weight at the primary!
Back to the 3" track..gawd what are they doing still running the 2.4....come out with at least a 2.5 or better a 2.75.

geo

Reaction score
I don't understand why anyone would keep a POS with all those problems. Engine, track, drive shaft. I'd certainly move on. Life is too short to hang on with all the options available today.

I think we are getting pretty close to extremes with lug height. The Doo 3" will tell. It's funny the original old Camo pattern is still around and still works. The snow must still be the same.
I cut my 155 5.1 down to 2" and I think it is a better track all around in BC. Ride with 3" guys and don't have a problem. Sometimes they have the advantage sometimes I do. Depends on mother nature. Especially this year.

So,,, I hope we always have the options Poo gave this year. Hate to have to cut up a new 3".

Top Bottom