Anyone else ridden in 2010 yet?

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well it was about -2 today so i dug out the KTM and let it sit in the sun and warm up. then took er for a rip, and i cannot wait for the little snow we have to go away! you sure learn how fishtale riding right now hahaha, to slick for my tastes but still alot of fun. anyone else dug their dirtbikes out yet??

LID

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I watched a youtube video of a 530 idling and it got me pretty stoked. Even though sledding has been sweeeet.

trials rider

Reaction score
ripped around in my yard couldnt resist the warm weather. but yeah sledding in golden is still sick if you know were to look. but im itching to ride my bike. wont be long now no snow in my yard.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
damn you all! Me and the KTM are just itching to get out, I have no where to ride it yet other then the friggin back alley...:( plus i gotta do a little work to it before I fire her up!I'm hopin by the time I get back from Florida in April i'll be loading her up and headin to Bon Accord for some riding :)

synergycycle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I got to grab the old CR 125R out from storage. I guess im leaving the LONG LIVE THE 2 STROKE group :eek: im planing selling my bike for a 250F. I love the 250f its just I have trouble starting them. im ready for a year of pure SHEDDING:d

mat

Reaction score
I rode twice already...Last Sunday was the last time and I'm planing to go back tomorrow!! You got to love studded tires...

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well I got to grab the old CR 125R out from storage. I guess im leaving the LONG LIVE THE 2 STROKE group :eek: im planing selling my bike for a 250F. I love the 250f its just I have trouble starting them. im ready for a year of pure SHEDDING:d

sometimes there a real B***H to start, but if you can get your hands on a fuel injected 250 you'll be laughing! also once you get used to starting it i here its not to bad.

mavrick

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pulled the 650 out of the shed second kick it started up and took it for a rip down the street to much snow in the bush yet

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ripped around in my yard couldnt resist the warm weather. but yeah sledding in golden is still sick if you know were to look. but im itching to ride my bike. wont be long now no snow in my yard.

Hey Trials Rider,

Can you comment on conditions further south in the valley? Invermere/Radium, maybe Cranbrook? Kook? (I think it's illegal to ride now anyways so maybe scratch that out)

Only been to Invermere once before, but looking to get out this weekend.

Shifty423

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been out on the 150f several times may have a new bike in the next week or so will be nice to ride a bike my size again! Few pics of me and my Pitty cross Maximus...

Shifty

Attachments

• Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 006.jpg
    Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 006.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 004.jpg
    Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 004.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 003.jpg
    Mar 03 Dirt Bike Ride with Max 003.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 32

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha so, this weekend could possibly be one of the best weekends before I hit up sunny Florida, I am going dirtbiking and snowboarding in the same weekend! lol well I am going to try anyway. Banff just got a dump of snow, so were thinkin of hittin up Sunshine on Saturday, and Wildrose MX park is open weather permitting but Calgary is calling for about +10 and sunny all weekend so we might hit up the track on Sun. FUN FUN!!:d

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a full day ride last sunday on the katoom! Felt good to be on it! Guys have been riding low elevation for about a month here.

HoNdA07

Reaction score

Haha. Granted four-strokes may be a little hard to start, but it's worth the battle. I ride an '07 CRF250R and it usually takes 3 kicks to start it at the beginning of the ride. But after that it's smooth sailing. They're not as stubborn as they're made out to be. Unless you want to do back flips and dump your bike a lot-then you're in trouble.

I was in Lethbridge the first weekend of March and it got up to 13 degrees. I rode all day Friday and Saturday! It was just short of a mud bog and even fifth gear couldn't get me anywhere fast, but it was worth it. It might be a little longer until i chance a ride up here- until some of this snow disappears. But I CANT WAIT! :)

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Honda, saw that you are a newbie to the site. WElcome.. I'm sure you've probably heard by now there are some decent riding places in your neighborhood.. Bruderhiem and Bon Accord have great sand dunes/trails, there are some tracks in the local area and if you dont mind a couple hour drive there are some great trails in Long Island lake, and also great sand dunes in Brule..near Hinton. I ride a lot and know alot of the local areas quite well. Cheers and ride safe!

Shibby!

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha. Granted four-strokes may be a little hard to start, but it's worth the battle. I ride an '07 CRF250R and it usually takes 3 kicks to start it at the beginning of the ride. But after that it's smooth sailing. They're not as stubborn as they're made out to be. Unless you want to do back flips and dump your bike a lot-then you're in trouble.

I was in Lethbridge the first weekend of March and it got up to 13 degrees. I rode all day Friday and Saturday! It was just short of a mud bog and even fifth gear couldn't get me anywhere fast, but it was worth it. It might be a little longer until i chance a ride up here- until some of this snow disappears. But I CANT WAIT! :)

4-strokes USED to be a hell of a lot more difficult to start. I've found each one has somewhat of a "trick" to starting it. 250's start much easier because they aren't as tiring to kick over compared to a 450. They still aren't nearly as easy as 2-strokes (less 500's), but are much, much better. Especailly with automatic decompressions... Man I disliked riding my buddy's old, mistuned 426...

I was out not this past weekend, but the weekend before. Ended up with one guy in the hospital and 19 titanium plates in his face.

Otherwise, the ride wasn't bad. LOTS of frozen ground though and ice at the bottom of puddles.

Another reminder to take it easy untill we are comfortable on the bikes again and conditions allow agressive riding.

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
been riding the last few weeks, beautiful warm weather and great early season conditions, should be a kick ass year :D

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Honda, saw that you are a newbie to the site. WElcome.. I'm sure you've probably heard by now there are some decent riding places in your neighborhood.. Bruderhiem and Bon Accord have great sand dunes/trails, there are some tracks in the local area and if you dont mind a couple hour drive there are some great trails in Long Island lake, and also great sand dunes in Brule..near Hinton. I ride a lot and know alot of the local areas quite well. Cheers and ride safe!

hey! Where are these cool riding spots in Bonaccord? I've got a buddy out there and I'm always looking for new spots to go rip. Let me know if you don't mind.

trials rider

Reaction score
our play area was melted out went for a ride three days in a row packed the chainsaw around and cut out all the deadfall. it was great to be out especialy since the ski hill was icy. shaping up to be a good season. im stoked to be out already there was a few patches of snow in some shaded areas but thats it.

Top Bottom