Any Commander reports out there?

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Now Dave , you know you want a new xp !!! Why not just trade that outlander in on the new XP . Then you would have the fastest s/s out there ,and you could trash a lot more about the RZR , since you would actually own one.....Instead of rambling on about something that you know nothing about......
(for anyone that mistakenly thinks that the Commander is only utility)
from Industry News:
CAN-AM COMMANDER AND DS 450 VICTORIOUS AT OPENING ROUND OF 2011 WORCS SEASONTeam Motoworks / Can-Am had an excellent opening to its 2011 World Off-Road Championship Series race season as factory driver Mark Holz piloted his Can-Am Commander 1000 side-by-side vehicle to the Class 1 victory in front of some of the best side-by-drivers in North America in Taft, California. In the side-by-side race, Holz quickly passed for the lead during the first lap and never looked back. At the end of the race, he and his Commander 1000 were nearly two minutes ahead of the nearest competitor; he also had the fastest lap of the race as well......

Besides other strong competitors, there were two factory Polaris RZR XP 900s in the race, so the Commanders sort of spoiled the coming out party for them.
check it out for yourself

from me:
No matter the brand, or the vintage, there's no such thing as a bad ride.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
(for anyone that mistakenly thinks that the Commander is only utility)
from Industry News:
CAN-AM COMMANDER AND DS 450 VICTORIOUS AT OPENING ROUND OF 2011 WORCS SEASONTeam Motoworks / Can-Am had an excellent opening to its 2011 World Off-Road Championship Series race season as factory driver Mark Holz piloted his Can-Am Commander 1000 side-by-side vehicle to the Class 1 victory in front of some of the best side-by-drivers in North America in Taft, California. In the side-by-side race, Holz quickly passed for the lead during the first lap and never looked back. At the end of the race, he and his Commander 1000 were nearly two minutes ahead of the nearest competitor; he also had the fastest lap of the race as well......

Besides other strong competitors, there were two factory Polaris RZR XP 900s in the race, so the Commanders sort of spoiled the coming out party for them.
check it out for yourself

from me:
No matter the brand, or the vintage, there's no such thing as a bad ride.
but....but.....but.....rzrgade said there's no way the commander will be any kind of competition for the xp! how can that be??

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
but....but.....but.....rzrgade said there's no way the commander will be any kind of competition for the xp! how can that be??

You guys spend more time talking about the XP and than the Commander...lol
You guys should just buy one , then you would have the fastest most reliable UTV on the market....
I wonder if the holz commander had the stock Canam tierods or the Holz ones,what do you guys think ..?? .....lol

When you got to haul some hay ,or manure the the Commander would be great, but for performance and reliability you guys should get an XP...It`s all about the ride !

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think there are more than a few demander owners who spunked prematurely before the XP came out and now own the wrong utv, granted polaris year one will have issues but who cares it's a cool machine.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys spend more time talking about the XP and than the Commander...lol
You guys should just buy one , then you would have the fastest most reliable UTV on the market....
I wonder if the holz commander had the stock Canam tierods or the Holz ones,what do you guys think ..?? .....lol

When you got to haul some hay ,or manure the the Commander would be great, but for performance and reliability you guys should get an XP...It`s all about the ride !
got nothing eh? i'll make a note to get the holz tierods, that must be why it spanked the 2 900 xp's in the worcs race. i'm sure they were bone stock in the pro class....lol

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BAWAHAHAHAHA! Ya. When I think Poolaris, I think reliability. I think you have Commander Envy.
I would love a Commander to haul C#IT around in...However they simply don`t have enough power or reliability....They would be good around the farm though ,i will give you that.

As i said ,trade in your canham on a rzr and you will be able to keep up, ...After all , the RZR out sell all other offroad vehicles for a reason:d

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got nothing eh? i'll make a note to get the holz tierods, that must be why it spanked the 2 900 xp's in the worcs race. i'm sure they were bone stock in the pro class....lol

Your right, the Commander is a better racer than the XP along with better suspension and more power.....lol. Have another:beer:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Your right, the Commander is a better racer than the XP along with better suspension and more power.....lol. Have another:beer:
well? what happened then, oh, read the race report....both xp's failed to finish. wonder why....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look. Obviously you've had a bug up your butt for a LONG time regarding the Commanders....you get on every thread. But seriously...either contribute, or F-off. Telling people to "go on the forums, they're having lots of problems" isn't really insightful information as EVERY forum on EVERY brand is full of posts about PROBLEMS. Nobody posts on a daily basis, "My Commander/RZR/Rhino started just fine and ran all day with no problems today....I'll update y'all again tomorrow".

Everyone gets it. Everyone knows YOUR position. Not everyone agrees with your position. Get over it.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did the Commanders do ?
Oh a STOCK rzr XP won and another rzr was second.....That`s racing.....lol.With out major mods the XP will out perform the commander...It just can`t compete with out MAJOR suspension and power upgrades.....It does not even have long travel ...lol lol
Great for hauling hay though.......

Jagged X Wins 2011 King of the Hammers - Results! - Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net
King of the Hammers:
1st Place - Brandon Schueler - Jagged X - RZR XP 900
2nd Place - Mitch Guthrie - RZR
3rd Place - Brian Bush - Rotax Rhino
4th Place - Damon Cardone & Nate Copp - HCR Racing - RZR
5th Place - Joanne Gonzales & Brittney Cardone - HCR Racing - First All Women's Team in RZR
6th Place - Brett & Katie Carter - Teryx
Some machines were very obvious by their absence in this desert race.

I have to agree with DaveB. Some people participate in these forums just for the fun of it, and other(s) clearly appear to have hard-core marketing or unjust bashing desires, and take the fun out. Fortunately most people see right thru nonsensical statements by the highly biased.
Can we cut the Razer crap and get on with what this post should be about?

(Ashmont ATV Rally coming April 9, 2011 for all brands:

expect some Snow and much Mud.)

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Look. Obviously you've had a bug up your butt for a LONG time regarding the Commanders....you get on every thread. But seriously...either contribute, or F-off. Telling people to "go on the forums, they're having lots of problems" isn't really insightful information as EVERY forum on EVERY brand is full of posts about PROBLEMS. Nobody posts on a daily basis, "My Commander/RZR/Rhino started just fine and ran all day with no problems today....I'll update y'all again tomorrow".

Everyone gets it. Everyone knows YOUR position. Not everyone agrees with your position. Get over it.

You sure like to dish it out but can`t take it ,can you ??

That what forums are about ,INFORMATION... ALL machines have problems,INCLUDING rzr`s so why is is such a bad idea for people to look on the forum of the a machine and research it be it good or bad ?

Your the expert on here about every thing on here arn`t you. Guess what the INSIGHT on the Commander forums is from people UNLIKE you who actually own the machine they are talking about.

I have owned SEVARAL canam /BRP products ,have you owned a rzr ? I did not think so ,yet your an expert on there reliability lol. It`s funny how, you can run them into the ground yet one some mentions your precious canam you tell them to f off.....

PLEASE ,READ this slowly so you can wrap your mind around it. I have owned canams and like then they are at the top of the pile ,HOWEVER ,i am not BLIND enough like you to see that they too have problems like all the rest.

It`s a fact there have been a few bugs on the new commanders , much like on the early RZRs or most first year models. If you don`t like that too bloody bad for you...You started this ,suck it up take it like a man......

Go have a look at what people who own these machines have to say, rather than personally bash the people who just suggest research about their ride.
Who knows ,you might even learn something.....;)

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You sure like to dish it out but can`t take it ,can you ??

That what forums are about ,INFORMATION... ALL machines have problems,INCLUDING rzr`s so why is is such a bad idea for people to look on the forum of the a machine and research it be it good or bad ?

Your the expert on here about every thing on here arn`t you. Guess what the INSIGHT on the Commander forums is from people UNLIKE you who actually own the machine they are talking about.

I have owned SEVARAL canam /BRP products ,have you owned a rzr ? I did not think so ,yet your an expert on there reliability lol. It`s funny how, you can run them into the ground yet one some mentions your precious canam you tell them to f off.....

PLEASE ,READ this slowly so you can wrap your mind around it. I have owned canams and like then they are at the top of the pile ,HOWEVER ,i am not BLIND enough like you to see that they too have problems like all the rest.

It`s a fact there have been a few bugs on the new commanders , much like on the early RZRs or most first year models. If you don`t like that too bloody bad for you...You started this ,suck it up take it like a man......

Go have a look at what people who own these machines have to say, rather than personally bash the people who just suggest research about their ride.
Who knows ,you might even learn something.....;)
the only one bashing any other machine in this thread is you. the OP asked about commander reports, and you come strolling in with a poolaris dick in your mouth. no one asked anything about a a rzr xp (do you have one? i thought not...:rolleyes:) , but yet you come in saying they are so much better....news flash, no one gives a ch!t in this thread except you. it's fun poking at guys that are so blinded by brand loyalty they will not see any other logic than "mine is best"....

and for the record, YOU started it. point out where anyone else has bashed the rzr xp....the only comments were a question of reliability, if you cannot agree polaris doesn't have the best track record then you got a little something in your eye....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you own a commander....lol . Or are you just an expert on them too....lol
ydhafc....

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you own a commander....lol . Or are you just an expert on them too....lol
ydhafc....
yeah, a clue about what? I read stuff too, I bet I've read as much as you have about them online. driven every brand of one so far too. if i spend my cash on one it will be a commander, because I am pretty brand loyal and the first to admit it. but not to the point that I am blinded by it like you are. you bought what you like, I'll buy what I like. if anyone in this thread doesn't have a fawking clue, it's you my friend....

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to give up on him...some people just don't get it, Polaris guys especially. They have a way of glossing over flaws that would put even the greasiest of lawyers and politicians to shame.

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
One thing i love about polaris is they are so quick to throw out new models, upgrade models and try to stay on top the food chain. i will give them credit for that, and frankly sometime i say "wish I didnt hate polaris so much" but they have a reputation of falling apart and blowing up. sleds, quads, side by sides.

I have been brand loyal to Yamaha for years, based on reliability, and racing quads. i am a bit pissed they have to be so secretive and take so damn long to update their rhino, because most likely thats what I will buy.

Can am builds a strong product, and have been pleased with their quads to date, and of course the release of the commander was a good present to us, that was until i rode it, and looked it over. loved the power, looks ( comparing to my rhino) but wasn't a fan of the tight steering, weight, amount of plastic, amount of electronics, and how narrow the bed was ( for adding additonal seating and roll cage)

just my 2 cents

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Holly crap some sensitive commander owners in this thread, same hostile tone as over on the commander forum. Get over guys, just cuzz you married the fat girl it's not the XP owners faults. She might be well built, but she's still fat.

Top Bottom