Any Commander reports out there?

MHC73

Reaction score
Mine bumper to bumper is 118" long ( 4' longer than the Rhino). She's a heavy unit but you can see that in the construction. Can Am used a lot of steel in the machine.

MHC73

Reaction score
We also ran 2 X's in a flat out race on Saturday. Both were brand new and did I mention not ours... he he he. Well we ran them very hard and got that new engine smell out in a hurry. Brakes worked really well after a lot of high speed runs and races, they didn't seem to fade and actually got better with the heat. The suspension on the x's is very different. Factory settings are dialed in very light. They need to be stiffened up and maybe remove the front sway bar to lighten the steering. You can really drift the X and let it hang out there. Just the shocks not being set up right it got a little scary. But, all in all I think my XT is faster than the X version for reasons unknown... just a feeling. But all these Commanders are kinda scary. They can get squirelly real quick. I broke my XT loose on gravel at close to 100. My passenger had a bit of a shock and scare. It will take some getting used too. My old Rhino, you held it to the glue everywhere you went; this Can Am you hold it to the glue you'd better know how to drive and hang on real tight. I'm sure the Polaris XP will be just as scary. My 2 cents.... Regards Marc

Top Bottom