Any Commander reports out there?

Sammydeluxe

Reaction score
As I have driven one, I agree with everything said. It did have a lot of power and it looks cool. I had purchased one and cancelled the order. I'm not sure it will go where my rhino will (I have 17'' clearance) as it has only 11'' clearance and the muffler is sooooooooo low. (That was dumb!) I'm not sure if I wanted to spend another 3000$ to make it go where my rhino goes...that would has made it a 23,000$ machine. Not worth it! That's the price of a 3-4 year old truck!!!

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just want 1 full day to compare. I know it has the RZR on HP, what about the rest? I feel 1 good day side by each may clear up a lot of questions. Mine is not stock, but by far not a mod. anyone interested let me know. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying one is better than the other but it will clear up a lot of bias opinions. 2" lift, 28" Zillas, Dalton clutch kit, slight exhaust modification is all I have at best 5HP gain on the standard RZR. Any takers???

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The XP has the most power is one of the lightest with the best power to weight ratio. It has the most ground clearence and yet has the lowest C.O. G. of all side by sides. It has the most suspension travel ,most articulation, and is the same set up as trophy trucks with 3 point trailing arms . It has the best clutch set up and a superior all wheel drive system. It has the least amount of electronic sensors/limiters. It and the rzr s are the only long travel s/s made .
While the Commander is a lot more utility , it is not in the same league as the xp for sport performance....not even close.

And now back to the Commander reports........

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am part of the Trail Group that had a special test unit to abuse in the area last summer.
Unit had almost 3000kms on it, and besides a few war-wounds it had NO mechanical failures.
Several different people rode it, and as far as I know, all had very positive feedback.
I personally put on over 600kms on it. No belt smoke, very positive performance, including power & fuel range, and yes, there is an occasional bit of a klunk, apparently due to the silky smooth new gearshift mechanism that others are likely to copy.
I liked the 2 keys, 1 for the kids (70kph) & 1 for me (warp speed).
& Many other great features.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It seems like a different story on the Commander forums , lots of warranty issues......

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should mention that we replaced the rear tires due to some wear from extended hi- power&speed running on gravel-type base.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As I have driven one, I agree with everything said. It did have a lot of power and it looks cool. I had purchased one and cancelled the order. I'm not sure it will go where my rhino will (I have 17'' clearance) as it has only 11'' clearance and the muffler is sooooooooo low. (That was dumb!) I'm not sure if I wanted to spend another 3000$ to make it go where my rhino goes...that would has made it a 23,000$ machine. Not worth it! That's the price of a 3-4 year old truck!!!
Huh? Rhino specs says 11" of ground clearance, unless of course you put up some Xtra cash to raise it. At $16,999 for the 2011 Rhino 700 Sport with no winch as Compared to the 800 Commander XT with winch & other items for significantly less $$'s, one has to wonder where the cash/vs value balance really shakes out? Rhino specs claim 400lb bed capacity, Can-Am is 600lb. Good Luck on the spec's comparo!

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe somebody should spend more time on his precious RZR XP forums: broken axels, wheels rubbing brakes, tranny shifting problems, weak radius rod ends, and blown coolant hoses....this all found on page 1 of the XP specific forums on RZR.net. How long have these been out? Hahaha. Polaris: The way out. Walking: the way home.

Last edited:

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe somebody should spend more time on his precious RZR XP forums: broken axels, wheels rubbing brakes, tranny shifting problems, weak radius rod ends, and blown coolant hoses....this all found on page 1 of the XP specific forums on RZR.net. How long have these been out? Hahaha. Polaris: The way out. Walking: the way home.
:Happy4: that's funny right there....

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Now Dave , you know you want a new xp !!! Why not just trade that outlander in on the new XP . Then you would have the fastest s/s out there ,and you could trash a lot more about the RZR , since you would actually own one.....Instead of rambling on about something that you know nothing about......

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Whatever dude. I know more about the RZR and RZR XP than you know about the Commander....and you sure like to preach about what you don't know.

SKEGNSNOW

Reaction score
Dave knows more than most and more than U I bet.... This is one guy U don't want to get into a pissing match with. Reason being Dave can drink way more beer than the average fellow and U my friend will loose LOL. Anyway, I knew the answer to my question, just wanted to see what U guys were like. July is coming soon and Can-Am will not tolerate being 2nd best! I hate to say it but the commander is just the utility model SXS. The real Mc Coy is coming. Look at the renegade.... Can U imagine there pure sport SXS. Now the new Cat looks sweet too, but they still have to prove themselves.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They had best "iron out" the Commander before they tackle the next project....lol

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little known fact everyone: Polaris has always ensured perfection on every model prior to releasing a new model. Just ask rzrgade.

ridehard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have you see the quik change Commander winch kit installed yet.
It's rollers are mounted flush to the front bumper, does not stick out at all.
Pull a lever, disconnect the quik cables, and move it to the back receiver.
Chek it out if you can catch one.
First time an ATV manufacturer actually put some common sense into their accessories!
Must have been Canadian.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dave knows more than most and more than U I bet.... This is one guy U don't want to get into a pissing match with. Reason being Dave can drink way more beer than the average fellow and U my friend will loose LOL. Anyway, I knew the answer to my question, just wanted to see what U guys were like. July is coming soon and Can-Am will not tolerate being 2nd best! I hate to say it but the commander is just the utility model SXS. The real Mc Coy is coming. Look at the renegade.... Can U imagine there pure sport SXS. Now the new Cat looks sweet too, but they still have to prove themselves.

WOW ,you sound like a Canam dealer.....lol

Top Bottom